PDA

View Full Version : Be careful buying Hunting License at Wal-Mart

jasonhew77
05-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Saturday I walked into a Walmart Super Center. I asked the guy for a new hunting license and deer tag application - Just like I do every year. Now take it I have to get my application received by Fish and Game by June 2nd. He took my last years license and started filling out my new one. I luckily was paying attention because it came to my attention that the new license was blue.....same as last year. I looked closer and sure enough it was the 2009-2010 license. I told him he had the wrong one and i wanted the 2010-2011 license. He simply said they dont have those yet and they dont sell them untill June, which is a complete joke. I showed him the date on my old oen and it had said April 27th 2009. After a few minutes of trying to make him understand, i ended up going to the manager and he didnt understand either. I really wonder how many people have gone in there, bought a 2009 license, and even sent away for their tags and not even realize it, until it was too late. I called a trusted store I go to alot and they said every year Fish and Game gets them their tags/apps on or before the 1st of May.

My Point - Don't go to walmart, and if you have to and theres no other option, watch them closely.

FishWisher
05-18-2010, 05:00 AM
One Walmart clerk who made a mistake is no reason to flatly state "Don't go to Walmart..."

Let's not turn this into a Walmart bashing thread. (And not just because it's my favorite store. :thumbsup:)

bigeasy8240
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm with Dale! Wally-World is one of my favorite stores! I love Walmart! I know that many of their associates should wear helmets and bibs and should not be allowed around the public and a few should wear muzzles with leash, but I love Wally-World. They have everything from toilet paper to boat parts! :iagree:

Cal.Kellogg
05-23-2010, 07:24 AM
I think that they systematically kill small businesses across the country, but they aren't going away and hey they do sell flannel shirts for $7....Can't beat their prices.....

FishWisher
05-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, Cal, they systematically kill small businesses across the country - like Henry Ford killed harness and buggy makers across the country. It's called progress! Walmart has greatly improved the supply line to the consumer by efficiency. Other retailers have to learn how to better compete, or close shop.

God bless capitalism!

CRABBY
05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I think that they systematically kill small businesses across the country, but they aren't going away and hey they do sell flannel shirts for $7....Can't beat their prices.....
7 bucks for a xxxxxxxLg. unbelievable :rotfl2::rotfl2: Whoops I'm in trouble

Hof
05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I think it is pretty common. It happened to me but I caught it in time, and it has happened to two friends of mine. All in different towns. A lot of the time people working the sporting goods counters aren't hunters so they don't know the system. Just make sure you watch what they are doing so you can catch thier mistakes.

Hof

Cal.Kellogg
05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing or a good thing...I could think of pros and cons on both sides....I think Home Depot and Lowes make it tough on mom and pop hardware stores too, but the bottom line is supply and demand and little guys simply can't match the prices offered by the big box stores...I shop at them like everyone else. Whether or not this is a good trend for the country as a whole, I'm not far sighted enough to come up with an answer based on anything but pure speculation...Until something concrete is determined I'll keep on buying those shirts (thanks Don...I was getting you one for Christmas...Oh well)...I just saw a commercial on tv that you can buy a big bottle of Hienz 57 at Walmart for a buck!