PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot

RomanFishin
05-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I want to fish the dam area in the morning, I heard there is a back way to the west shore, any help would be great.:biggrin:

RomanFishin
05-17-2010, 11:56 PM
PLEASE Can someone Tell me the back way to The west shore of Lake Chabot. Thanks

LuckyIrishFan
05-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Just head towards the Lake Chabot Golf Course, and once you enter head towards the upper level parking lot or the back part of the parking lot. Face the old course and you should see the 9 hole flag. Draw a straight line from the 9 hole flag towards the power poles and the head of the trail should be right there. Follow that trail straight down till you see the water and you'll run into Bass Cove. Make a right on the bottom of the trail and you should be able to see the Dam too. Good Luck, let us know how you do, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

RomanFishin
05-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks alot, went there once and didnt know where the hell i ended up, I fished Chabot Yesterday on the second dock on marina side, not even a damn bite nada..I also fished today got to the gate at 4:30am first car there, and waited til 5am and the permit machine was broke, then went to marina, they dont have those red envelopes there either, so since I seen the fish jump like crazy nonstop decided to hit the first dock since I had to get a permit, I tried all types of PB, 10 different scents, plastics, combo's, long leader short leader, bobbers with floating and sinking nightcrawlers on the surface, Not even a bite, Moved to the Burner and same thing, tried everything possible, even fished the middle of the lake at the burner about 200yds away, not even a bite, nibble. Wife called to go pick up my daughter from Kindergarden, and on the way out the Mt lassen fish truck dumped I heard around 600lbs or so. If My wife is ok with me fishing tommorow morning I will try the dam area. Got to beat the guy leading the derby, because he wins every year, ( maybe he has hatchery connections, since he is very young). anyway thank you for the info LuckyIrishFan

LuckyIrishFan
05-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Go get em RF!!! I feel the same way you do about winning the derby, too. As for the fish jumping all over the place, and trying all kinds of bait and lures, we've all been there and feel your pain and frustration. It's crazy, the fish are out there yet they just don't want to bite:mad2:. Good Luck tomorrow, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

Mr. Limpet
05-19-2010, 02:27 PM
PLEASE Can someone Tell me the back way to The west shore of Lake Chabot. Thanks
Another way is to go thru Lake Chabot park on the San Leandro side. It is a little longer then going thru the golf course (Bass Cove) but you will not have to climb up that steep hill. Takes you right by the dam of course you can't fish at the dam but the trail takes you on the West side and you can fish at Alder Point and Coots Landing or other spots on the West side. Alot of people that park at the main area (Marina) don't get back that far so there are a few good fishing spots. If you want driving directions let me know.

Good Luck.

Mr. Limpet
05-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Go get em RF!!! I feel the same way you do about winning the derby, too. As for the fish jumping all over the place, and trying all kinds of bait and lures, we've all been there and feel your pain and frustration. It's crazy, the fish are out there yet they just don't want to bite:mad2:. Good Luck tomorrow, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

I agree with you LIF seeing fish jump but not biting. Fished Bass Cove last weekend 2 fish in two days. :wallbash: Been slow and the water is murky back there. My buddy fished Raccoon point on Sat. and he only pulled one in 4.5 hrs. It has been hit and miss. Winning the derby is not going to be easy. The guy leading is a heck of a fisherman, won't surprise me if he pulls out another "pig" before the end of the derby. As for me I will keep on trying to land that lunker. :1fishshark5rv:

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-19-2010, 03:54 PM
The easiest way to get to dam is from estidillo st it ends at a park where there is a frisbie golf course there's a paved trail leading to the lake and it comes out right by the dam going through the golf course is alot farther to walk