PDA

View Full Version : Bucks,Eagle and Stampede reports

Miner_Moe
05-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Bucks has been open for about 2 weeks now and lots of small rainbows are coming out of there,we had 2 very hard pull downs on Mack gear but nothing stuck,,,,Stampede is still very low and we are catching lots of kokes in the top 15 feet of water and got a 5lb+ mack up the creek arm in about 5 feet of water,,,,Eagle lake is lower than I have ever seen it and I have been fishing it for almost 20 years. The opener is going to have alot of pissed off people trying to get on the water,I have cancelled my guides for the opener and I don't think I will fish it this year.Its just a big mud puddle right now,,,I can't believe the reports on some of the local radio shows about how its going to be a very good opener with lots of big fish,I guess these guides have not been out scouting the lake like they should, and unless they redredge the spaulding ramp before the opener the south end of the lake is going to be the only ramp to launch from and that is going to be very low but should be useable....for the guides talking about how good eagle is going to be on Seps and Simms shows,You might want to do your homework before you have clients showing up,,,just a friendly heads up

CRABBY
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Good informative thread Scott,glad to see someone in the know is finally putting the word about Eagle lake an the launch conditions.Don

KokeNut
05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Someday maybe they will put a cap on the bly tunnel and the lake will come back too its former glory -

gfishes
05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Bucks has been open for about 2 weeks now and lots of small rainbows are coming out of there,we had 2 very hard pull downs on Mack gear but nothing stuck,,,,Stampede is still very low and we are catching lots of kokes in the top 15 feet of water and got a 5lb+ mack up the creek arm in about 5 feet of water,,,,Eagle lake is lower than I have ever seen it and I have been fishing it for almost 20 years. The opener is going to have alot of pissed off people trying to get on the water,I have cancelled my guides for the opener and I don't think I will fish it this year.Its just a big mud puddle right now,,,I can't believe the reports on some of the local radio shows about how its going to be a very good opener with lots of big fish,I guess these guides have not been out scouting the lake like they should, and unless they redredge the spaulding ramp before the opener the south end of the lake is going to be the only ramp to launch from and that is going to be very low but should be useable....for the guides talking about how good eagle is going to be on Seps and Simms shows,You might want to do your homework before you have clients showing up,,,just a friendly heads up

The south end...Eagle Lake Marina...will be usable if you have a smaller boat...it is now two feet lower than it was at this time last year according to the camp host at Merrill campground...for launch conditions, check www.eaglelakefishing.net..do (http://www.eaglelakefishing.net..do) not depend on Sep...Val Aubrey will give you almost daily updates...she has pics of the launch conditions...big fish????

Miner_Moe
05-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Yea I miss spoke when I said the south end of the lake ,,,there is only 6 inchs of water over the shoal at the south end and the spalding ramp is going to be the only usable ramp...they are going to redo the south end ramp late this summer for low level launching at eagle lake marina.This summer is going to have some of the lowest water levels they have ever seen there

iggybabble
05-22-2010, 08:35 AM
As far as Eagle goes, time will tell! I rely upon local guides, tackle stores, and other businesses to relay accurate info on conditions, fishing, etc. Rather than calling for apocalypse at Eagle, why not let the opener occur, see what plays out, and then report!

Miner_Moe
05-22-2010, 11:54 AM
LOL,ok all I was trying to do was let people know that what they were hearing on seps show from T.Noxin was WRONG the lake is not up 2+ feet like he reported and I guide on the lake about 20+ times a year and I'm here to tell you that if there is not some kind of deluge in the next few weeks that the lake is going to see low water levels that it has not seen in over 70 years this summer...Have fun at the spaulding ramp for the opener.I will be at bucks catching big Macks

CRABBY
05-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey Scott what do you say we just let them find out for themselves,you have warned them,Eagle lakes own web site has warned them,an on simms show today (KFBK) the same thing was stated,lake is low,low,LOW!!!Spalding is the only ramp that is usable for now,the guide he had on is also very reliable,everybody in the know,who have actually went there an looked in person is saying the same thing,Ramps are bad,spalding is the only hope unless ya got a very small jon boat an push it thru the mud,so on opening day be prepared for a long wait to launch,won't be an apocalypse but you may have a long long wait at the ramp,even our own local fishing show on (KNCO) guy who has talked to guides from there report the same conditions,but you never know the Sun may come out melt a lot of snow an the big irrigation pipe may be shut off an presto the lake will be full an the opener will be great,Hope so,good luck to all.

tnoxon
05-22-2010, 11:33 PM
LOL,ok all I was trying to do was let people know that what they were hearing on seps show from T.Noxin was WRONG the lake is not up 2+ feet like he reported and I guide on the lake about 20+ times a year and I'm here to tell you that if there is not some kind of deluge in the next few weeks that the lake is going to see low water levels that it has not seen in over 70 years this summer...Have fun at the spaulding ramp for the opener.I will be at bucks catching big Macks

Hi Moe,
Don't think we've met.

APOLOGY FOLKS. On Sep's May 15, 2010, show, I reported that Eagle Lake is up 20+ inches. That was an incorrect statement. It is up around 12 inches since Oct, 2009. For those of you that know me, that should suffice. For those that don't, I look forward to meeting you sometime.

By the way, I live in Spalding year round, about two minutes from the launch ramp. I guide at Eagle Lake all season so I fish it almost daily.

I sure hear a lot of negative stuff about Eagle Lake. I don't live on my website, nor do I update it daily. I don't visit fishing forums. In fact, the only reason I'm responding to Moe's post is because someone called me and told me I might want to clear this up. I write one fishing report a week, on Sunday. If you want to be added to my fishing report list, email me and I will add you. If you have a question about Eagle Lake, email me. If you want to talk to me real time, call me. I will tell you what's going on today, TODAY and help you out the best I can. Don't even know if it is O.K. to give my contact info on this forum so please check my website for email and phone numbers.

Best regards,

Tim Noxon
Fish Traveler Guide Service
Eagle Lake, Ca

iggybabble
05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks to both of you for clarifying any inconsistencies..........ive been fishing for almost 40 years, and ive worked in the fishing industry on charter boats and tackle stores for much of the last 30 years, and i hate to see my fellow anglers divide themselves and fight. We are living in a state that is less angler friendly all the time....we have water use issues on one side, and certain environmental groups that are anti fishing on the other side, we are smack dab in the middle as anglers. Fly anglers, bait and lure fishermen, sport and commercial anglers, private boaters, charter operators, guides.......We need to remain united on issues that as anglers, we can agree on.

Miner_Moe
05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
No Mr. Noxin we have not met and I was not trying to cause any problems and I did hear you on Seps show.I was at Eagle a few days later expecting more water than I saw after hearing you on the show and just wanted to give folks a heads up about what to expect on opening day...I have nothing but respect for you and most fellow guides...again I was not saying it was the end of days like a few have suggested, just that the lake is low and going to be very low this summer and spaulding might be a little busy for the opener...P.S tell Joe(Sep) I said hi

CRABBY
05-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks to both of you for clarifying any inconsistencies..........ive been fishing for almost 40 years, and ive worked in the fishing industry on charter boats and tackle stores for much of the last 30 years, and i hate to see my fellow anglers divide themselves and fight. We are living in a state that is less angler friendly all the time....we have water use issues on one side, and certain environmental groups that are anti fishing on the other side, we are smack dab in the middle as anglers. Fly anglers, bait and lure fishermen, sport and commercial anglers, private boaters, charter operators, guides.......We need to remain united on issues that as anglers, we can agree on.
Very,vary true,glad this miscommunication snafu is all OK, all three of you should get together an have a beer an try an figure out how to shut that big hole in Eagle lake down,you guys probably have more in site than the rest of us,for those that are going for the opener you may want to heed Minor Moes advice an get there a day early put your boats in the water an beach em so you avoid the ramp mess the next morning.Don

JTroutMan
05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Very,vary true,glad this miscommunication snafu is all OK, all three of you should get together an have a beer an try an figure out how to shut that big hole in Eagle lake down,you guys probably have more in site than the rest of us,for those that are going for the opener you may want to heed Minor Moes advice an get there a day early put your boats in the water an beach em so you avoid the ramp mess the next morning.Don

Good idea - call this one the "Eagle Beer Summit" as opposed to Obama and Boston cop summit...:)...just nobody order lite beer like Biden...Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Coors might be in order......Enjoy the weekend guy and gals. Just reading today how this might be the coldest May in No Ca on record. Wonder how that is going to impact fishing? I know many lakes I like are still not open due to snow and lack of warm weather melting of snow.

drtyserb
05-23-2010, 06:40 PM
spaulding is good to go... i ,ve seen it in the last week and it will be fine.. also yes the north end of the lake is muddy when the wind blows...all the time,,, due to how shallow it is... the other end of lake youth and on is fine... also saw with own eyes in a kayak... sooo easy buddy settle down! dont come... the guides the lake and us who will be enjoying it, will be doing it without u...MOE ... cheers.... listen to the pro's and guides