PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 05/21/10

youngling
05-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Fished Quarry again but this time went straight to the same spot I was at yesterday. Btw, this is the spot where I bumped into NorthBayTroutser last weekend. Anyways, it was quite breezy and cold but the winds died down by 0600. Also at this time I got my first hit which started off as nibble but suddenly my bell goes up! Set the hook and it was FISH ON! As I was reeling in my first fish the bell on my 2nd pole starts to jingle but doesnt go up. I panicked and quickly reeled in the first fish while keeping an eye on my other pole. As I got the fish into the net the bell flies off the 2nd pole. I grabbed that pole to set the hook and FISH ON again! After rebaiting and casting out the 1st pole, it gets a nibble before I can even cast out my 2nd pole. The bell just twitches and doesnt go up. So I casted out my 2nd pole. Then within minutes that 2nd pole's bell starts twitching. Now I have both poles that have nibbles which goes on for a about 5-10 minutes. I waited to see which bell would go up first. Finally, the bell on 1 pole does the dance and it was FISH ON! Well the nibbling went on for quite some time until it stopped around 0700. Managed to catch 4, all in the 10-12inch range and all bit on white PE/PW scented with anise. Waited for the 5th but it never bit again and I had to leave by 0800. This was the most action I ever had at Quarry since the bites were going on between both poles at the same time. Well until next time good luck and Fish ON!

View from the peninsula:

My catch:

NorthBay Troutster
05-21-2010, 09:04 AM
There you go matt! I like that spot right there makes me want to go right now haha! Im getting ready for a trip to the sierras though. So well see. Good report that 5th ones always the hardest!

troutboy
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
How far out do you cast a quarry? do you generally cast as far as you can get it or are they closer to shore?

fishnallday35
05-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I want one of those rod holers they look sweet! Sounds like you hit a school god job

NorthBay Troutster
05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
How far out do you cast a quarry? do you generally cast as far as you can get it or are they closer to shore?

I get out as far as I can

youngling
05-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I agree with NBT. I casted out as far as I can probably about 35-50 feet out. This is where I got my bites. I use 3/4 to 1oz weights though. I did try a short cast about 20 feet out and got no bites.

NBT ~ good luck in the Sierras. Must be nice to fish up there instead of in a quarry/backyard. FISH ON!

GNappers
05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Good job Matt. Next year when the hogs are in I will be fishing right next to you. I may even reel in a few fish on your poles if you have too much action.

youngling
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
GN ~ it would be a pleasure to fish next to you. Fish on until we meet!

fishingguysf
05-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Matt, I am jeoulous that you got out back to back this week. I had some visitors from Germany fly in on Thursday and have been busy the last couple of days. I wish I could of gone fishing at least one of those days, but plan on hitting it Saturday. Congrats on getting all that action and landing 4 fish!! Thanks for the report and hope to see you out there again sometime.

Fishon!!!