PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 21MAY10

LuckyIrishFan
05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Got to the lake around 0900hrs at Bass Cove. Fished till about 1400hrs. I got to meet a fellow sniffer(Mr.Limpet), RICH, it was nice to meet you and hope to see you out there again. My first bite came around 0930hrs. I watch my bobber rise up nice and slow, and as I set the hook and start reeling in I could feel that it was going to be a decent sized fish:). But, as I'm reeling....my line goes limp:(. My entire set up from the swivel down to the leader is gone!!! I couldn't believe it. So I quickly set up my pole and toss it back out, and ten minutes later I get another bite on the same pole. But as I watch the bobber go up, it stops and no taker. After the nine o clock bite, it was dead. Oh well, I got to fish with MrLakeChabot and MrLimpet, and had a good time. The weather was great with some sun, windy at times, and a cool overcast day of fishing towards the end. I'll be back at it again early tomorrow. Good Luck to all of you fishing tomorrow, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

NorthBay Troutster
05-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Jeff sorry to hear about getting broke off. I hate it!!! Are you going back to bass cove tomarrow?

youngling
05-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the report Jeff. Sorry for the broken line. That has happened to me quite a few times. Good luck tomorrow and Fish On!

GNappers
05-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I was fishing at a Park in Petaluma last night using 6 pound test and my line broke off in the weeds when I had a huge bass on. All I saw was the wake and I had nightmares about what I may have done wrong. Maybe the drag was too tight, maybe I tried to horse it in, maybe the line was too old or maybe I should have used bigger line. I feel for you Jeff. Are you still using braid? You never know what you could have had on your line. Could have been a big cat or bass or a huge trout. Good luck tommorow and when you catch a hog look to see if your leader in it's mouth.

Mr. Limpet
05-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Jeff nice meeting you and Mr Lake Chabot. btw, how did he end up doing after we left? Regarding your line breaking as I mentioned same thing happened to me. Got a big hit and before I could get there to set the hook the line sanpped. Was using only 4 lb test so may have to go up to 6 lb next time. 6 hrs and 1 fish. :wallbash:. After I left I went to the marina weighed my fish for the derby and talked to a few guys there they said it was really slow out there. Very few came in with fish. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :fishing5xd: Good luck and fish on.

CrappieJed
05-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Jeff nice meeting you and Mr Lake Chabot. btw, how did he end up doing after we left? Regarding your line breaking as I mentioned same thing happened to me. Got a big hit and before I could get there to set the hook the line sanpped. Was using only 4 lb test so may have to go up to 6 lb next time. 6 hrs and 1 fish. :wallbash:. After I left I went to the marina weighed my fish for the derby and talked to a few guys there they said it was really slow out there. Very few came in with fish. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :fishing5xd: Good luck and fish on.
Mr. Limpet great name is that your real name or from the classic, one of my favorites?

fishingguysf
05-22-2010, 12:48 AM
LIF, same thing happened to me last week at Quarry. I guess I need to check my knots, after landing a fish. Sorry to hear about the skunk at Chabot. Glad you got a couple of bites. Thanks for the report.

Fishon!!!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Good fishing with you guys too no bites for me mr limpet at bass cove or Indian cove like the guys at the marina said it slow all over the lake right now The fish you caught yesterday weighed in on my scale at 4 1/4 pounds what did it weigh in at the marina I'm guessing the same cause my digital scale is pretty dead on Im sure I'll see you out there again soon and next time Mr Lake Chabot will take your butt to school lol Cause I'm pretty fricken awesome just ask me I'll tell you LMAO

CrappieJed
05-22-2010, 06:17 AM
LIF, same thing happened to me last week at Quarry. I guess I need to check my knots, after landing a fish. Sorry to hear about the skunk at Chabot. Glad you got a couple of bites. Thanks for the report.

Fishon!!!
alot of guys like to use the double cinch knot....great knot but it is easy to tie it wrong and it will snap on a good fish every time. when you go around the eye of your hook or terminal be sure that your line is parallel to each other not overriding itself...ive seen guys lose big fish.....since i myself learned the hard way i have honestly never lost my gear or fish...just my 3.5 cents hope that helps

CJ

Mr. Limpet
05-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Mr. Limpet great name is that your real name or from the classic, one of my favorites?

Good memory. It is from the movie. I wanted to put "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" but it wouldn't fit.

Mr. Limpet
05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Good fishing with you guys too no bites for me mr limpet at bass cove or Indian cove like the guys at the marina said it slow all over the lake right now The fish you caught yesterday weighed in on my scale at 4 1/4 pounds what did it weigh in at the marina I'm guessing the same cause my digital scale is pretty dead on Im sure I'll see you out there again soon and next time Mr Lake Chabot will take your butt to school lol Cause I'm pretty fricken awesome just ask me I'll tell you LMAO

Your scale was dead on 4 and 1/4. Too bad more fish weren't biting that day. And Sat. was no better. 3 fisherman, 6 rods, and 5 hrs. got us 2 fish and 1 can. :stomper:
See ya at the lake,