PDA

View Full Version : Plan B fishing Berkeley

MoMoney
05-21-2010, 06:23 PM
MoMoney will be fishin my new used ride the "Plan B"outta berkeley sat and sun.Will be stayin at the launch sat night.If your around stop and say hello.I will be in a big ugly ford f-250 towin my old trophy.Will be on 68 unless the BS gets to thick. Sam

newtothegame
05-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Good luck guys! I think I might make it out next weekend ... it looks like its kind of windy tonight in sacramento ..hopefully it lays down for you guys tmw morning!

MoMoney
05-22-2010, 03:26 AM
we are off.hope we find some fish today.The wind makes it tougher to troll but I got a good crew today and are well protected in my boat so let it blow I dont care.we will fish all daytill 5 or 6 while the others run for the harbor

mytmouse
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
good meeting you at the launch Mo....1 for us is all at OP

Scotthmt
05-23-2010, 06:00 PM
results? howd u guys do???

nayr
05-23-2010, 07:52 PM
I was with MoMoney on saturday. We picked up a striper, 2 halibut, and a shaker halibut all on the troll. all those came from around alameda. We tried op during the incoming with no results.
Waiting to see todays results too!

MoMoney
05-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Just got home.Started trolling berkeley to richmond for nada in the am.Ran to TI for a shot and nada.Ran to meet the fleet at Alameda.We trolled till probably 1 pm before we got a shaker and then a shaker striper.We had a couple of LDrs and drivebys then we got 3 within 1/2 hr then a couple keeper stripers then we lost a nice halibut at the boat maybe a 15lber.he gave us a shot but it was rough as hell and he was coming up the stern and ended up missing the net and going under the swim plarform and shortly after came unbuttoned.So we boxed 3 butts to about 12 lbs 2 stripers(nothing big) threw back a few shortys,lost 1 at the boat and 2 LDRs and a driveby.Slow all morning but a nice afternoon.headed for the barn around 4pm.Had Mike(fishing 925) today on board and my other friend mike.Fishing 925 hooked us up with all kinds of food ,beer,bait and good company.It was a pleasure having you aboard and hope to have you come out with us often.Cheers to the HH board again.Sorry yu didnt make it today Ryan, another great day on the bay.We had chaos in the boat again with its small cockpit,rockin and rollin,tangled fish in the net,then driftin sideways and almost taken our in the water lines out.We gotta work on our technique a little more on this new ride!!We coulda had 6 in the boat if we learn to get with the program but hey I got fish for days in the freezer and surley not complaining!!Oh and speaking of technique,I looked like a 1st timer coming in to the dock today,didnt hit anyone or anything but lets just say it sure didnt look pretty and leave it at that!!Nice meeting you mytmouse.Sorry for the report with out pics but iM BEAT!!

MoMoney
05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Forgot today fish came on a big konezone char. flasher,straight bait,chrome flasher,chart.flasher both 2/0 with tray herring.Sat only straight bait got bit.Fish today were in 18-20 ft the last couple hours of the outgo when the wind started howling.Maybe the tide but I think boat traffic had something to do with it.We had a bazillion boats aout there till 1pm or so.When we started catching fish there were only 3 or 4 skiffs and 3 party boats.We also stayed in the parking lot sat night on the boat.After fishing we locked up the boat went to Chevys for dinner came back and hit the hay around 830pm.Had a good night sleep actually best in a while!!!1 other crew slept in the lot.No problem with PD saw him come by 3 or 4 times in the night waived to us and thats it!!

simon
05-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Were you the one that had your boat still strapped down while launching? If it was you, I was going to help but looked like you guys had it under control. I fished the fleet by the rockwall practically all day and we only caught a striper. We had maybe 2 other bites and one LDR.

MoMoney
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
No I didnt have any problems launching it was coming into the dock with the wind and current and a boat following 10 ft behind me.I tried going to the left side and the wind was pushing right and at the very last moment decided i wasnt gonna make it so hit reverse and to my suprise there was a boat behind me so i had to jockey fwd and reverse several times never hit anything and ended up at the right side launch and the guy behind me went to the leftside launch.No harm No foul just straight up ugly!!

Duckmanhoov
05-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a great trip, the wind has been tough the past few days. Might have to go to plan B and luanch out of Richmond. Should be cruising through Tracy at 0500 hrs...........

nayr
05-23-2010, 09:42 PM
wish I could have made it sam, Glad to hear you guys boxed some more fish.

Scotthmt
05-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Sounds like you had a good time out there! Man it was windy that day! i was out too but it was definately the roughest day i've been on in a long while. My buddies boat is too little!

Duckmanhoov
05-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Plan C here it is at 3:40 am and going back to sleep......... Buddy just called and the guy pulling the boat just called and flaked, glad it didnt leave home yet.....lol oh well do it again some other day. zzzzzzzzzz

fshnplmbr
05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Good job Sam and nice report you always seem to do well with your techniques. I have been so busy with graduations moving my dad and house work but I definetly want to get out there with you again. Jeff

MoMoney
05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Jeff,Boats running good now so your welcome to come anytime.Will try and get out atleast 1 time per week for rest of season and maybe 2 when time permits.Let me know what day your free and will try and get out.I got so much halibut in the freezer now Im thinkin a shark trip is on the agenda for this weekend.

MoMoney
05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
heres a couple pics.Didnt do any on the water as I was to busy steering the kicker through the wind!!this is my longtime friend Mike(RIGHT)not from the boards.
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/samcperez/5-24-10/Fishing5-23-10004.jpg?t=1274759445

MoMoney
05-24-2010, 07:54 PM
heres fishing925(mike)!!This was Mikes first halibut trolling trip.If anyone ever is lookin for a HH this guy is first class all the way,youll be happy to have him aboard as well as Nayr (ryan)also.But they will probably be fishing with me so you better call em first!!
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/samcperez/5-24-10/Fishing5-23-10003.jpg?t=1274759634

MoMoney
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Heres Plan B after a day of combat fishing with the fleet and the nasty afternoon wind.
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/samcperez/5-24-10/Fishing5-23-10001.jpg?t=1274759746

fishing925
05-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for letting me get on your boat Sam. It was my first time trolling for halibut and you were able to get me into some fish. I had a great time with you and your friend Mike and the conversations were a lot of fun. When ever you need someone to fish with just let me know and I will be there, once again thanks.