PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 22MAY10

LuckyIrishFan
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Got to the lake around 0520hrs. I was at Indian Cove today. It was a nice clear and cold beautiful morning with hardly any wind. After getting my 1st pole in the water, I set up my 2nd pole and get that in the water, too. As I take up slack from the line of my 2nd pole, my 1st pole goes off...FISH ON!!! I reel in a decent 13incher-1lber. I quickly set it up again and toss it back out in the water. Ten minutes later, second FISH ON!!!. Another 13incher-1.25lber. At around 0610hrs, my 1st pole goes off again...FISH ON!!! This one is a fighter, I reel in a 14.5incher-1.75lber. I fished till about 0945hrs, and from 0615hrs to 0945hrs there was hardly any bites at all. A couple of fish were caught to the left of me, but other than that as soon as 0900hrs came around so did the gusty winds. It was awesome to be out there early fishing, and it was a bonus landing fish. Good Luck to all of you fishing tomorrow, and FISH ON :)!!!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Lucky dogg :)

Mr_Lake_Chabot
05-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Mr lake chabot is awesome totaly awesome with extra sause dog

fishingguysf
05-22-2010, 10:36 PM
LIF, Congrats on landing a few this time and thanks for the report on Chabot. I wonder how the boaters are doing there? Sometimes I like to rent a boat and troll around with my portable fish finder. I have landed in the past a few nice lunkers in the boat at Chabot. Reports have been hit or miss, so rather save my money until the fishing is hot!!!

Fishon!!!

Mr. Limpet
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice job LIF. I fished with a few buddys at Bass Cove from 7 til about noon and all we pulled were 2 fish. Tried every natural bait and even flippin a lure. Been real slow back there with that wind. Gonna take Sunday off.

BTW, we solved the can mystery that was floating in Bass Cove, my buddy flipped a lure and he was able to retrieve it. Turns out the can had a string tied on it with rock. That was it. No stringer full of fish, no can of corn.