PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Flat

Miner_Moe
05-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Fished it this morning with 2 clients and they wanted to catch 2 limits as fast as possible so they could get home and watch the Nascar allstar weekend. We got them 10 trout with the biggest going about 17 inchs in 2 1/2 hours, also had one monster pulldown with the fish on for about 15 seconds but the client decided to set the hook really really hard and the the fish was gone.I blame myself for not being very very clear on how he should handle a large fish...my best guess is it was about 5-8lb brown but we will never know for sure...Lost the big one on a large smithwick in rainbow trout pattern on the G2 jigger and caught most the small trout on wiggle hoochies in orange and trolling flys in orange again over half the fish came on the G2 jigger

cota0429
06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Fished it this morning with 2 clients and they wanted to catch 2 limits as fast as possible so they could get home and watch the Nascar allstar weekend. We got them 10 trout with the biggest going about 17 inchs in 2 1/2 hours, also had one monster pulldown with the fish on for about 15 seconds but the client decided to set the hook really really hard and the the fish was gone.I blame myself for not being very very clear on how he should handle a large fish...my best guess is it was about 5-8lb brown but we will never know for sure...Lost the big one on a large smithwick in rainbow trout pattern on the G2 jigger and caught most the small trout on wiggle hoochies in orange and trolling flys in orange again over half the fish came on the G2 jigger

Im taking my two boys there at the end of the month and are staying on the campgrounds by GATE2 on the water. Do you know how the shore fishing is there? My boys have never caught a fish hopefully we get lucky there.

Lunkerslaughter
06-05-2010, 07:04 PM
They've got campsites on the water that are really good shore fishing campsite 13-16 I think. You gotta reserve them early though.

JTroutMan
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
They've got campsites on the water that are really good shore fishing campsite 13-16 I think. You gotta reserve them early though.
Some decent evening bite from campgrounds for catfish gives them decent variety also....otherwise for trout, have them dunk power baid off shore from boat launch to dam....

Fishbucket
06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
GNappers and I were there Yesterday.. Sat at the corner of the dam. nobody caught anything on powerbait. 2 wht Gulp eggs and a pinch of Brown Gulp worm. (Make sure it Floats.) made for my Limit.

cattfish
06-06-2010, 08:55 AM
we were there last wed caught 0 alot fish on the finder 6-30ft i will try orange how deep were you fishing?