fishnchips
05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Is Fuller accessible yet?

hellbent
05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
wide open- Bowman is snowed in still

Legalbeagle
05-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I was there last weekend. You can get in at the dam access point. Not so sure about the campground pay area--it appeared to be closed and snowed in. I don't think you can launch a boat yet. I did fish there in a kayak for a big zero after freezing my marbles off for a couple of hours. I did have a fishfinder on my kayak so I can at least give you some specs: The water is high--I marked some spots on the lake as deep as 17'. The water temp was about 42 F in the AM and heated up to just shy of 44 towards afternoon. I marked a decent number of fish suspended about 5' down and a few schools of smalll fish right on the surface, all at the darn. I also marked a few decent ones right in the deep water at the creek inlet. If I were you, I'd put a bobber and a crawler out at the darn and throw some powerbait as well. There were no fish biting the top. They had lock jaw. Bait will be the trick. With any luck, the coming warming temps will signal a feeding frenzy. Go get yourself some holdover browns!

TRoutaholic
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Can you get in to fuller with a car, or do you need a truck/4x4? I have never been, and thinking about going up on Tuesday.

Canoefish
05-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Car will get you there. Fuller isn't too far off of 20, and the road is paved well past there. Fuller is an easy lake to drop a cartop boat in.

Talon
05-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I was at Fuller this morning at sunrise till 11:00 for no fish. There are only a few hitting the surface. We left when we saw that the local Osprey was really skinny and headed for another lake to hunt for fish. There may be some holdovers in Fuller but they are not active or are widely spread out. There were a lot of other people fishing with the same results, nada fish among them. There are a lot of snow banks still around the lake and not all the bank is accessible. So far this weekend 3 lakes fished and the results...........:skunk29gc:

Canoefish
05-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Probably a bit cold still? This is just about the only time of year where Fuller is really getting its own drainage off the hills, so there might be plenty of food washing in for them. How much water did they have flowing in from Bowman?

TRoutaholic
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Got skunked at fuller today too. Started fishing at 6:30a and it was a perfect morning. The Osprey came hunting, and made one dive, but was too far away to see if it was sucessful. We fished the bank by the rock wall, and threw everything we had a them, but not even a bite! Saw lots of fish jumping in the middle of the lake all day. This was my first excursion to Fuller. It's a very nice lake, but seems to be pretty shallow around the edges. A canoe or float tube might be just the ticket to get out into deeper water. Sure wish I owned one of the 6 or 7 cabins on the lake! Will definately be back when it warms up a little.

Canoefish
06-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah I might have to sell my soul for one of the cabins in between Fuller and Rucker. Between the two lakes you could catch fish all day long almost any day of the year. *sigh*