PDA

View Full Version : trolling advice???

CAL916BEAR
05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
I just recently started becoming interested in trolling, I dont have my own boat so im limited to using rentals which have no downriggers so should i use leadcore or topline at lakes like pardee or camanche? also those rentals have no trolling motors so how fast should i be going? are those little motors even adequate for trolling or am i just waisting my time? any help is appreciated.

nicky6chovies
05-30-2010, 04:30 PM
leadcore works great one color out means that your set up is down 5 feet, top lining works good in the winter when the water is cold, and down riggers work best when your getting deep well over 80 feet, and when it comes to motor's u wanna go as slow as it will possibly go but regulate your speed, and dont go in a straight line, you want to troll in an S pattern

CRESTLINER 08
05-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I dont own downriggers so i did some research and came with deep six divers.you can get them to go down 20ft all the way down to 170 ft depending on the size.make sure you put 10lbs up to 30 lbs on your main line and tie it to the diver than run 6lbs 36in leader to your lure or flashers with a worm combo thats how i do it.it worked at pardee and any were i troll you can get them at fishermans warehouse or online ,good luck!!!!

CAL916BEAR
05-30-2010, 10:01 PM
thanks for the great info, im headed out to pardee in the morning and will probably rent a boat and troll using leadcore since i wont have a chance to get to fishermans wharehouse... anybody been there lately? and can help me out on setups,depths,lures, etc.???