PDA

View Full Version : hennessy

strawman
05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
anyone fished lake hennessy lately? I haven't been up there in a few years used to do pretty well trolling for trout this time of year

CrappieJed
05-30-2010, 03:31 PM
I used to fish that lake alot when i lived in NAPA...go out the launch head west to the cattails about 75 feet in from of the cattails there is a sunken island and it holds the biggest bluegill you will ever see. I use the smallest rapala minnow black and silver same color of the best football team...sorry got off track. use the rapala knot and keep going over the island get close to the top of the island. lots of trout when i was there but if you like bronze backs go over to the dam thats landfilled boulders, use live crawdads...great fish.

if you go and have time to have some fun take your boat to the glory hole pipe at the dam and check out the squaw fish they are monsters....send a frozen pea down to them and hold on.

CJ

Fishbucket
05-30-2010, 03:41 PM
That is some hennessy gold information..
Thanks CJ:smiley:

strawman
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
no doubt thanks

Harok375
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
It's fished out, troutwise, from what I've heard and can confirm 3x.

But you're right Strawman, spring is a nice time there.

CrappieJed
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
It's fished out, troutwise, from what I've heard and can confirm 3x.

But you're right Strawman, spring is a nice time there.
they used to have trout derby's for kids there every year

Tiker1
05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
They just had the kids fishing derby a couple of weeks ago.

They stopped planting trout at this lake several years ago. Haven't heard about too many nice trout being caught there in recent years.

Harok375
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
They just had the kids fishing derby a couple of weeks ago.

They stopped planting trout at this lake several years ago. Haven't heard about too many nice trout being caught there in recent years.

There ARE a few still there.

Actually managed a pulldown yesterday, but the main line was wrapped around the 'rigger clip.

Prolly a squawfish, LOL.

But I talked to a bass guy, and he said he caught about a 20"er off a shadrap about 6 weeks ago.

Time to go see what the king/kokanee guys are doing up at Berryessa. :stomper: