PDA

View Full Version : best setting for fishfinder

sturgeong
05-30-2010, 05:09 PM
hello what is the best setting of my new fishfinder i just got the lowrance mark 5x i used it today hand lots of surfice clutter and was showing lots of stuff i couldent tell if thay were fish or not went to lake sonoma it looked like a lot of bait ball just need to find out what the setting would be best thanks

ReelJerks
05-31-2010, 07:34 AM
The settings, 'in manual mode', will be different depending on species, depth and style of fishing you do. If you're interested I can give you my settings for trolling freshwater lakes for Trout, Kings and Kokanee at various depths.

Edd

sturgeong
05-31-2010, 07:54 AM
The settings, 'in manual mode', will be different depending on species, depth and style of fishing you do. If you're interested I can give you my settings for trolling freshwater lakes for Trout, Kings and Kokanee at various depths.

Edd ok that sounds good i will take that info i mostly fish the bay and napa river but some lake to so that info will b great thanks

ReelJerks
05-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Follow this link.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20154

Edd

Semperfifishing
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
You might want to look into upgrading your transducer to the Airmar P66. An excellent professional grade unit and can be gotten from Blue Heron Marine.

ReelJerks
06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
You might want to look into upgrading your transducer to the Airmar P66. An excellent professional grade unit and can be gotten from Blue Heron Marine.

While the P66 and the P319 (thru-hull) are both excellent ducers, and an upgrade to the oem HST-WSBL, your fishing style and waters should dictate the transducer you use.

The Airmar products are perfect for the HDS units should you decide to switch.

Edd