PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest

burtin163_1
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
What do most people that own boats greater than 18 ft do with their boats when they camp at pinecrest? Called the marina yesterday and they said they don't allow docking of boats in excess of 18 ft. Are most people keeping their boats at the campsite or leaving them on the trailer in the overflow parking area (concerned about theft here)? The lady I talked to on the phone yesterday wasn't too helpful with this info. Any input would be appreciated. :)

rlljfc
06-01-2010, 10:34 AM
As you look down the launch ramp look to the left and you will see a bunch of boats anchored up. Bring yourself and anchor and just leave it in the water. Swim back and forth to retrieve. Do not leave valuables on boat, but no problem leaving it here.

fishingfreak
06-01-2010, 11:47 AM
sounds cold fun swiming back and forth

conrad89
06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Some people fish pontoons and I remember seeing them just sitting on the trailers in the parking lot for the trailers behind the beach area... I guess you gotta always take it out and put in if you dont have a canoe or jon boat to shuttle people to your boat.

Bass_Fisherman
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I have had a boat stolen on this lake.:sam9fj:
If you do leave it make sure you lock it up to something. I would get a long chain/cable lock it up to a tree and then throw an anchor of the rear to keep it out in the deeper water Then just pull it to you on the shore instead of taking that cold plunge to retrieve your boat in the AM. Or just pull it out each day and it is safe to park it in the over flow parking for the night just lock that trailer up and don't leave valuables in the boat and cover it up as well.

Athlete24
06-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I had a friend leave his boat locked to his truck in the trailer parking lot one night. However he didn't lock the outboard to the boat and found that someone had made off with his 15hp outboard the next morning.

burtin163_1
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

Mackattack
06-04-2010, 10:23 PM
What do most people that own boats greater than 18 ft do with their boats when they camp at pinecrest? Called the marina yesterday and they said they don't allow docking of boats in excess of 18 ft. Are most people keeping their boats at the campsite or leaving them on the trailer in the overflow parking area (concerned about theft here)? The lady I talked to on the phone yesterday wasn't too helpful with this info. Any input would be appreciated. :)

The campsites are away from the lake. The CGs are not that big to keep a boat but you can keep it in the trailor lot. Do the math,rent two Campsites next each other or leave your stuff in the lot for the idiots to take what you cant lock down.

Jake

dano
06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Good luck getting 2 campsites next to each other, unless you reserved them many months ago. May not even be any available on the weekends now

Bass_Fisherman
06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
yes imposable to get two together now. Pinecrest is all full until the start of September.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsiteSearch.do

Good Idea though!!