PDA

View Full Version : is loon lake unthawed yet

fishingfreak
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
i know ice house is unthawed and i think wrights lake is unthawed was wondering if loon lake was unthawed if so has any body been fishing it and has it been any good

Jason
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Talked to the camp host at Ice House yesterday and Loon is still closed.

kokedealer
06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Ice House and UVR are thawed

I don't know if Loon is thawed, unthawed, or frozen or slushy or dried up

Yeah, be good to know if is still unthawed

Bueler?

hellbent
06-02-2010, 12:01 PM
FROOOOZZZZZEN (still)

LD
06-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I was planning a trip up this weekend to see for myself how things are looking.
We are not optimistic enough to bring the boat, but I am hoping to find a little open water along the shore to make a cast or dunk a little bait...
I will post up on what I find.

JTroutMan
06-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I was planning a trip up this weekend to see for myself how things are looking.
We are not optimistic enough to bring the boat, but I am hoping to find a little open water along the shore to make a cast or dunk a little bait...
I will post up on what I find.
Sounds good, I'd think at 6000 feet (as opposed to Silver and Caples at 7 and 8k) Loon should have some open area....I guess the good news is you could always back track to Gerle or Union Valley if not fishable....Thanks.

fyrmedic707
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I will probably be up there this week. Monday to Wednesday. If the road is open, Im planning on staying at Wrights, if not Ill stay at Ice House. Be we always go exploring. Ill report on my return

Talon
06-05-2010, 02:34 PM
FROOOOZZZZZEN (still)
I guess that would mean it is unthawed yet. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

LD
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I guess that would mean it is unthawed yet. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
Yes sir... it is thawed...
I was up there this morning, and there is virtually no ice on the lake.
Still can't launch a boat yet, the campground and ramp are still closed.
There was one boat there, it was hand launched, the unimproved ramp on the "other" side is not yet accessable and the one near the dam is still blocked by snow.
Next week I will bring the boat...
With the weather the way it has been there is a good chance that we can get on the water.
BTW, fishing was good, it was the catching that sucked...