PDA

View Full Version : Sac River to Rise More

RickRyder
06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
As some of you may have already noticed over Memorial Day Weekend, the Sacramento River was up a few feet higher and today in the news they announced that it will rise even higher...

http://www.kcra.com/weather/23780611/detail.html

Expect Sac River To Rise As Water Released From Shasta

Storm Coming To North End Of State

POSTED: 8:26 am PDT June 3, 2010
UPDATED: 1:52 pm PDT June 3, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. --The Sacramento River is expected to rise in the capital area as a significant amount of water is released upstream from Lake Shasta before a big storm.A weather system is bearing down on the extreme northern part of the state. Heavy rain is expected late tonight and Friday in Redding and areas to the north.The river may rise about a foot and a half in Sacramento in the coming days, leading to a warning for downstream boaters to expect especially fast, cold water and many floating logs this weekend.Lake Shasta is 98 percent full, leading the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation to release water in anticipation of increased rain runoff and snowmelt.

Fishoff
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
So what does this mean for our fish?

Already saw DFG uses their boat with 2 giant electrodes to zap them fish and collect them for studying. It was neat to see how they worked.

RickRyder
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I haven't noticed a huge impact on the fishing, the bite has been a little slower due to the water being more murky, but other than that I haven't seen a big difference...

King James
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
With the cold river rising, I don't think I have to remind all to wear your life vest's....

Take Care and Fish On!