PDA

View Full Version : bodega action

sea brat
06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
we didnt do to bad but a long 12 1/2 hr day on the water. we ended up with 7 hook ups, 4 landed, and 2 nice keepers. good water color water temp ranged from 56 1/2 -58. trolled from four miles to about 285' depth. most of our hook ups were around the change of the tide the best being the high. 2 of the four that we landed were huge silvers. was a good day to beon the water.

gone fishin
06-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Awesome...good to here there is finally some life out there..I hear the krill are in there thick...Thanks for the report...Ron

sea brat
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Awesome...good to here there is finally some life out there..I hear the krill are in there thick...Thanks for the report...Ron

ron their guts were full of krill. and we were marking, on the fish finder some areas 10-20' tall and several miles long of maybe krill. dont know if the fish finder will actually pick up krill but whatever the mass was there was a lot out there.

fyrmedic707
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Where did you guys head from bodega? North/ South or Just straight out. We will be there next week and would love to hookup some nice silvers. Were you using downriggers?

sea brat
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Where did you guys head from bodega? North/ South or Just straight out. We will be there next week and would love to hookup some nice silvers. Were you using downriggers?

we centered ourselves between bodega and tomolas at 4 miles out and trolled northwest and then returned from that same starting point and trolled south. our most hook ups were trollimg south but we were closer to the high tide and i think the water was 56 1/2 deg. further out it was as high as 58. trolling at 75' on the wire using 12# lead ball at about 2 1/2 mph. and also had more action on my purple hoochie with a anchovie behind a 11'' hot spot chartruesse dodger....good luck

Fishbutt21
06-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Stay away from the silvers,They are fun to catch but the wardens love writing tickets for them and you can take a week long vacation for less money then a limit of silvers will cost you