PDA

View Full Version : IceHouse 6/8 - 6/10

fyrmedic707
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey all

Just a quick update from Icehouse. Was up there for a few days. Fished only from the bank mostly with PB, PE and some salmon egg/ crawler combos. Caught about 10 fish a day, relatively quickly.

I fished down by the inlet one day, and there is a LOT of water coming into the lake. WIth all this water comes all the debris from upstream, so right at the inlet its all crowded with floating logs/ foam, and just a bunch of crap to snag. I fished just past all the floating crap and got 6 fish in about 2 hours. Not great fishing, but not bad. The rest of my fishing was off the "peninsula" where Strawberry Point campground is. Fished all around it, myself and all others seemed to do well. Bite was off and on, but pretty much guaranteed a few fish an hour.

Best bait was "Gulp" brand Power Eggs by Berkley in Chartreuse color. Rainbow PB worked alright.

I did manage to get a Kokanee, or at least pretty sure it was haha, about 14 inches on a rainbow PB/ crawler setup.

Have fun if you go!! Everyone was catching lots of fish. It will be great before all the "crowds" this summer.

fishing brian
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Sounds like you had a reat trip. That lake is always nice to spend a few days. Close to home and very descent fishing.

That kokanee must have been a chrome rainbow cause I don't think there's any kokes in there. They should put some in there though to feed the browns...

fyrmedic707
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
A guy staying next to us offered up a setup that I have never used. He aid he was going out, mostly at night, and was catching all browns there. Around 15 a day! It was basically a combo of salmon eggs, crawler, and regular campfire marshmallows. Weird, but I did get fish on it, but all rainbows. He also had a brown that was about 22 inches, and maybe 3-4 lbs.!!! He brought it over and showed us, the cooked it and shared it with us haha. He was there by himself. Pretty awesome night.

As far as the Kokanee, I didnt think they had them in there. It was a all silver fish, maybe 3-4 spots close to the tail. The meat was really bright pink compared to the white Bows that we had. Thought for sure it was a Koke. Hmmm, oh well..

foilesfan
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
i think i saw you wed eve by the inlet ..... i was fishing ahead of the debri field by the inlet floating some bait ... 2 big guys and a little boy i will be back up there this afternoon

fyrmedic707
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Yep, that would been me. Hope you guys did good. Seemed like the bite was on.

Cosmic Wind
06-12-2010, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=fyrmedic707;776433]Hey all

Just a quick update from Icehouse. Was up there for a few days. Fished only from the bank mostly with PB, PE and some salmon egg/ crawler combos. Caught about 10 fish a day, relatively quickly.

I fished down by the inlet one day, and there is a LOT of water coming into the lake. WIth all this water comes all the debris from upstream, so right at the inlet its all crowded with floating logs/ foam, and just a bunch of crap to snag. I fished just past all the floating crap and got 6 fish in about 2 hours. Not great fishing, but not bad. The rest of my fishing was off the "peninsula" where Strawberry Point campground is. Fished all around it, myself and all others seemed to do well. Bite was off and on, but pretty much guaranteed a few fish an hour.

Best bait was "Gulp" brand Power Eggs by Berkley in Chartreuse color. Rainbow PB worked alright.

I did manage to get a Kokanee, or at least pretty sure it was haha, about 14 inches on a rainbow PB/ crawler setup.

Have fun if you go!! Everyone was catching lots of fish. It will be great before all the "crowds" this summer.[/QUOTE

We just got back home from Ice House Reservoir and did pretty well with a total of 14 fish between the 3 of us. We fished the north side of the lake just past the last campground and we caught all of them on chartreuse Power Bait. We first went to Union Valley Reservoir but after driving around the lake for almost an hour and a half and not finding a place to fish for free (almost all fishing access to this lake has a fee for day use) we decided to hit Ice House instead.