PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO RELEASE ROCK FISH PROPERLY.......

blue_chrush
03-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Here's a simple way to release rock fish easily
and you don't even have to read it, *just watch...... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDml16UvWog *

heres the products.........

http://www.sheltonproducts.com/SFD.html *

while fishing this takes but a minute to do, *and is thing to do....
its all up to us to see that the little guys or big ones get to
grow up and fight another day.........
peace out...

cptdarel
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Blue!, something we all need to practice, no need in a total kill, we are the stewarts of what we do. Thanks.

metalmouth
03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
A dull down facing hook and a weight or clipping the lower jaw lightly with a clothes pin or downrigger hook works. ;)

MM

wmgraphics
03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I have one, I made it out of a wire clothes hanger. I can take it off and on anytime I want. I attached duolock snap to the top and bottom loops. Open the top duolock and put my main line through and then I attach the bottom duolock to the top eye of the barrel swivel between my main line and my leader. Works great. I think everyone should have one.

I wish they would change the law to "you catch it you keep it". Obviously exempt would be the protected species. But this would do a few things, people would start using bigger baits with fewer fish but all larger in size or full bag limits with all small fish. Either way it works out better for the fish populations. This method protects all the fish that would of become seagull food cause some guy didn't want another small blue to fulfill his bag limit.

I also think that party boats should require they have these fish release clips on their lines. This would really send a message to people and their children and at the same time point our sport in the right direction towards conservation now and for our future. Plus I think the kids would get a kick out of saving some baby fish.

My2 cents.