PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Guide....

JTroutMan
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
If one was interested in perhaps having a guide take a couple folks on Eagle lake, any recommendations? Never been there and maybe dumb question - but is it all heavy duty hardware on downriggers or can you enjoy the big bows on lighter tackle and gear?
Thanks.

rocky1
06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Here's a guide's name Tim Noxon numbers are 530-825-3524 or 916-201-4648 or his email is tnoxon@gmail.com... I've fished Eagle Lake before and its Awesome fishing...

Fishinjoe
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
When I go there i use ultra light rods with 4 lb test. Very fun to fight the fish that way. But I have also lost a few to snapped lines.

scnt junky
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Ditto on Tim Noxen Ive known him for a long time Been playing phone tag the last few days with him.He will teach you and tell how to fish the lake .Very knowledgable and friendly.A stand up guy.Hope that helps .He uses light tackle. Ive fished that lake for 20 yrs and the fish fight like no other trout.

irish44
06-12-2010, 11:22 PM
If you want to fish for more then 2hrs call S&S,Steve fishes all day with ya .All others go in after you catch your 2 fish.Thats bull and I think a guide should give you what you pay for and thats not 2 fish and lets go. You stay with Steve on the lake for as long as you want,and he gives you what you pay for!!!!!!:signfishon34hi6zv:

tinytrout
06-13-2010, 12:03 PM
We go up every year in Oct and fish the shallows at Spaulding and Troxel and troll a 3/8 oz Crockadile and do very well.
Tiny

appleinorange
06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
You do not need a guide on Eagle. All you need to do is go to eaglelakefishinginfo.net. That is Vals fishing report. No one and I mean no one knows the lake like she does. She is a sweetheart and will be glad to talk to you and answer any questions you have. Eagle is the easiest lake I have ever fished.

JTroutMan
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
You do not need a guide on Eagle. All you need to do is go to eaglelakefishinginfo.net. That is Vals fishing report. No one and I mean no one knows the lake like she does. She is a sweetheart and will be glad to talk to you and answer any questions you have. Eagle is the easiest lake I have ever fished.

Thanks everybody for their responses. Never been to Eagle, but want to try this year.
Thanks for info on "Val"...does your comment of not needing a guide apply if you are a bank fisherman?

PTownViper
06-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I took my boat to Eagle Lake last year for my first Eagle Lake experience and fished with Tim Noxon the first day and on my own the second. Tim was GREAT! he showed us what we neeeded to do to be successful at the lake. Tim showed all the setups and technics needed for that time of year. I would highly suggest using Tim for your fishing adventure he made ours a success!

Also, we fished pretty light tackle, so the action was great.

PTownViper

BigFishWhite
06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I fished eagle lake three years ago. Caught two nice rainbows. The lake seemed to be shallow. Early in the morning was best like most rainbow lakes. My buddy was using a rubber grub may be berkley. Had a little round plastic wobble device in front of it. Dont remember what month it was. Good luck.