PDA

View Full Version : Will Humminbird interfere with another?

Ampersand
06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
I want to mount a Humminbird 385ci on my kayak and one on my wifes. Because we will be together when fishing I was wondering if they will interfere with each other.

ReelJerks
06-14-2010, 05:51 AM
I want to mount a Humminbird 385ci on my kayak and one on my wifes. Because we will be together when fishing I was wondering if they will interfere with each other.

You will get NOISE (cross-talk) from the other if you are both using the same frequency.

Edd

Semperfifishing
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
You should not any more problem than if you were fishing near any other boat using 200 Khz. Most boats on the lakes are in close proximity and almost all use 200 khz since it gives better targets.

Most good sonars today have cross ping filtering that is good for most situations except for if the other unit is VERY close.

Just stay a good distance apart.

ReelJerks
06-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Most 'crosstalk' comes between two sonar units when in deep water. My understanding is this is created when two transducer cone areas get close enough to overlap each other. Therefore the shallower you operate in, the less likely you are to experience the crosstalk. Again, the KEY is distance.

Edd