PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake?

mariahpup
06-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Never fished Silver Lake before..driven by there countless times....have heard good reports when it is fished early in the season...with all the goofy weather a little higher thought I would give it a try this Weds...will be shore fishing...any input on decent spots to try and what to use would be huge help...thanks..will report on my adventure..
Luck to ALL..
Mariahpup

Phishinfool2
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Follow the Kit Carson campground road all the way out. Walk a ways to the rocky outcrop. That is a great spot,. Just beyond the point a creek is probably flooding in that is a good spot. If you are really into hiking it past the creek at the next rock point/outcrop is a great place for German Browns. Across the lake is another great spot. In from kays follow the shore past the cove to the edge of water there is a monstrous boulder (may just be under now) that does well.

Best by a boat and I have learned from a friend the great spots. If you want to head out EARLY Fri am I will be there, pm me.

I have had many a day of 50,60,70+ fish. I return all but the bleeders. This should be a great weekend for fishin' Silver

Jumbo

CrappieJed
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Jumbo, dont you just love that little church at Plaza's? what a scenery uh? did alot of camping there good horse shoe tournaments too

outdoordude
06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
yea that all sounds nice but is it thawed yet??? not sure. hiking around the lake may still be tough with snow. if you go post a report want to bring my boat fathers day weekend. not sure it's boatable. and are the campgrounds open? good luck

CrappieJed
06-14-2010, 09:32 PM
yea that all sounds nice but is it thawed yet??? not sure. hiking around the lake may still be tough with snow. if you go post a report want to bring my boat fathers day weekend. not sure it's boatable. and are the campgrounds open? good luck
call Hamms station tell Tom you are on your way up the mountain for one of his famous BBQ sandwiches and ask him what Silver is doing...

Yooshi1616
06-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Silver lake is thawed...don't know about the campgrounds but friends of mine have a cabin on that lake and were just up there over the weekend. They caught 2 nice size brown on lures.

jich
06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
If you're coming in off of 50 don't use the Mormon Emmigrant Trail to get to 88...........there's an ice glacier right before you go over the summit. Saw it first hand on Monday.

outdoordude
06-18-2010, 05:15 AM
mariahpup did you make it up there how was it

Phishinfool2
06-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Mariah and I made it up to Silver on Friday morning, trolled all of my favorite areas, tried several different setups and depths, for absolutely NADA. Mariah got one quick strike and that was it. Showed Mariah the good spots to try on Silver. Fished til about 11:45 then had had enuff.
Mariah it was fun to hookup with you and we will do it again, but next time we will get into the fish.

Jumbo

mariahpup
06-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Mariah and I made it up to Silver on Friday morning, trolled all of my favorite areas, tried several different setups and depths, for absolutely NADA. Mariah got one quick strike and that was it. Showed Mariah the good spots to try on Silver. Fished til about 11:45 then had had enuff.
Mariah it was fun to hookup with you and we will do it again, but next time we will get into the fish.

Jumbo
Jumbo...hey it was a great day! Wind mostly stayed down...and we "should" have done better...but in the end I made a new friend and had a great day fishing...next time we will have better luck with the catching part..
Luck to Ya..
Mariahpup

outdoordude
06-21-2010, 05:08 PM
thanks for the reply and report mariah. I spent the weekend camping there with my labs and yes sat was a little windy but managed two 2 1/2lb macks but in general pretty slow. water temp at 53 surface so fish weren't real active. sunday morning glass but still took till 11:30 to get bit got a nice 6lb mack. talked to another guy they caught 6 with the big one going 8lb.

outdoordude
06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
dam computer can't type long , caught on 6.5 trophy stick and rapala j 13 25 ft didn't see many deeper than 35 it was a nice weekend all in all