PDA

View Full Version : LMS 522igps and X510C sharing ducers

fishingaddict
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I bought a Lowrance X510c and trying to network via ethernet cable with my 522igps with the ducer in the back. With the ethernet cable hooked up and both units on, I see that they both are communicating because the TX and RX are blinking on both units. In the Transducer screen setups or Networking screen, I don't see anything about sharing or adding. I've gone through the manuals and It doesn't talk about sharing via ethernet cable. I don't have the funds to purchase a NMEA 2000 setup which I think should work.

Any ideas is appreciated.

ReelJerks
06-18-2010, 06:32 AM
This may help you.
http://primus.lowrance.com/support/resultDisplay.do?gotoLink=17&docType=1002&contextId=366%3A17.43%2C1.176%2C306.401&clusterName=ClusterPublic&lang=english&docset=%2FDocuments%2FSonar&contentId=0ec4232d-47fb-40a6-9ccf-10911b6427be&responseId=135ccbe2cfd4f608%3Adcb03b%3A1294b6efffa %3A-7773&groupId=4&answerGroup=1&score=980&page=http%3A%2F%2Fprimus.lowrance.com%2Ficr%2FSona r%2FLow-TB-20_Sonar_Sharing_via_Ethernet_010708.pdf&result=0&excerpt=Sonar+Sharing+via+Ethernet&question=ethernet&resultType=5001#Goto17

Does the 510C work as a stand alone with it's transducer?

Edd

fishingaddict
06-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Skallywag,
The first picture in the link is how I have it connected. Yes, the 510C works just fine with it's own ducer. I've gone through 2 ducers due to not paying attention and kept turning the TM and snapping the cable.:duh: In the 510C sonar setup screens does not show anything about adding or changing ducers?? Could not find any instructions as far as how to set up the Fish Finder to share the ducer.

ReelJerks
06-22-2010, 07:27 AM
You can only use ONE transducer and I think the only selection possibilities you have is frequency. Both MFD's will show data from the same transducer. Why do you want 2 ducers? Redundancy or deep water/shallow water operation? Have you tried this network using only one ducer?

If you must have two frequencies at the same time (ie: 50kHz and 200kHz), one on each MFD I think you need the 'expansion port'.

Edd

fishingaddict
06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
You can only use ONE transducer and I think the only selection possibilities you have is frequency. Both MFD's will show data from the same transducer. Why do you want 2 ducers? Redundancy or deep water/shallow water operation? Have you tried this network using only one ducer?

If you must have two frequencies at the same time (ie: 50kHz and 200kHz), one on each MFD I think you need the 'expansion port'.

Edd
That is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to eliminate the ducer in the bow and just use network to share the one in the back of boat.

Thanks for your input.

Dennis
06-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure about the 522 or the 510C menus but after the two units have been networked a new menu option Sonar Source appears at the bottom of the Sonar menu list. You might not see this unless you turn both units on at approximately the same time. I think the power up sequence looks for networked units and adds it to the list only when it finds one.

With the Sonar screen active or full screen hit menu.
At the bottom of the list there should be an option for Sonar Source. Hit Enter

A new window should show two ip addresses.
127.0.0.1 Local is a transducer plugged into the unit.
169.254.84.1 (HDS-8) is a transducer plugged into a remote HDS 8 unit.

Note: The ip address for the second unit may not be the same as what I've listed.

BTW, both of my Lowrance units have options to select the make and model of the transducer. My newer HDS-8 includes a selection for an Airmar P66 while my LCX-38C HD has some Airmar transducers but not the P66. I set the HDS-8 to the Airmar P66 and it automatically set the LCX-38C to generic 50khz - 200khz

Hope that helps...

ReelJerks
06-24-2010, 06:50 AM
I somehow got the impression that the OP was wanting to view the bow unit with it's transducer, and the helm unit with the stern transducer, all at the same time. :signs20ae:
I believe Dennis has your solution.

Edd

fishingaddict
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure about the 522 or the 510C menus but after the two units have been networked a new menu option Sonar Source appears at the bottom of the Sonar menu list. You might not see this unless you turn both units on at approximately the same time. I think the power up sequence looks for networked units and adds it to the list only when it finds one.

With the Sonar screen active or full screen hit menu.
At the bottom of the list there should be an option for Sonar Source. Hit Enter

A new window should show two ip addresses.
127.0.0.1 Local is a transducer plugged into the unit.
169.254.84.1 (HDS-8) is a transducer plugged into a remote HDS 8 unit.

Note: The ip address for the second unit may not be the same as what I've listed.

BTW, both of my Lowrance units have options to select the make and model of the transducer. My newer HDS-8 includes a selection for an Airmar P66 while my LCX-38C HD has some Airmar transducers but not the P66. I set the HDS-8 to the Airmar P66 and it automatically set the LCX-38C to generic 50khz - 200khz

Hope that helps...

Dennis,
Thank you for the advice. I will give it a try and let you know.