PDA

View Full Version : wheres the reports?

newtothegame
06-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Anyone fishing the bay lately? I think were going out tomorrow gonna give it a shot. We will see what happens! Live bait any bigger? Anyone try getting any rockfish yet?

I know its been windy but i figured someone would have gotten something lol

4 Reels
06-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Anyone fishing the bay lately? I think were going out tomorrow gonna give it a shot. We will see what happens! Live bait any bigger? Anyone try getting any rockfish yet?

I know its been windy but i figured someone would have gotten something lol

I've been trying to get out on the water for the last 2 weeks but the damn offshore conditions are not permitting and I hate it when I look forward to a better next week just to see the same bad water conditions again. Don't know when it will clear but I have this feeling it's going to be a strange year.

MoMoney
06-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I didnt get out this week.Stayed in the delta with the kids.The CS derby was sat.They didnt have many good reports either.Either this board lacks saltwater guys or they are to lazy to report,as we sure dont see much action here anymore!!

Captain Morgan
06-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Ok here's a quick one. We fished the derby,average was less than one fish per boat. I think big fish that won was 17lbs,ours was 7.8lbs. Friday windy,sat derby day was way windy,some people quit fishing. We did better on Sunday,it was like glass till about 1pm. We ended up after the weekend with 3 fish, 7.8lbs, 10.6lbs & 8 lbs. All fish were caught trolling herring off Oyster PT,behind Candle stick.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/DaCaptainMorgan/IMG_0288.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/DaCaptainMorgan/IMG_0271.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/DaCaptainMorgan/IMG_0282.jpg

4 Reels
06-21-2010, 10:34 AM
About the only thing now you can do is stay within the bay, unless you have a large boat, take the charters, or deal with a rough ride and waste gas. Everything outside has been showing small craft advisory or gale warning almost everyday it seems. I used to go out to the Farallons quite often even on rough days but after a while you get to the point it not worth the ride back and forth and even worse when there is no one else out there in case something goes wrong. I hope sometime this summer there will be a few spots open to get out there but so far there hasn't been a relief on the weather conditions and the way things are going it may be awhile before that happens.

newtothegame
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the report! At least someones gettin some fish :) ... go figure me and my buddy opted to go try for some striper/dinos in rio vista/chain island area ... instead of going to the bay today ... WRONG idea ... we hardly metered a thing ... caught a few small stripers ...

used sardine/ghost/shad/anchovie

fished chain/sherman island/power lines and by r.v. bridge ...

started out a little windy .. later it was pretty calm ..beautiful weather ..no fish...

ah well .. theres always next time .

i now have 9 days of work before i can get out again so ... good luck all!

Smeja
06-22-2010, 08:53 AM
fishings been pretty good lately