PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Sat 6-19

fishslammer
06-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Launched out of richmond on sat. For my first bay trip in my new boat. At the dock went to fill the livewell and nothing. Tested the wires and a bad switch! Re-wired a switch in and off to the bait pin. Got some small chovies and headed out. I had an idea of where 2 go but wasn't for sure were the fishing was good. Drifted for about 30 min east of marin island in 12'-30' for to scratches. We picked up and headed south to fish south of Red Rock. There was one boat with no fish so we started a drift. 5 min FISH ON!! 33" 11lbs! Not a bad way to start my first trip! About 15 min later I had an 18" striper then a small sand shark. Picked up and made another drift! As we got setup we looked out and all we saw was boats!! The guy in the other boat must have told everyone! We went from two boats to 60+ in 45 min! We worked through everyone for 5 Hali 3 keepers and 2 shakers, 4 of them I caught and the shark and striper! My buddy had either a bat ray or big striper on that didn't want to stop but then it poped the hook! Rookies!! Next time!

MoMoney
06-21-2010, 06:38 AM
sounds like a good day.I hate it when all the boats run up when they see a net working.Thats how the PB captains have it every day!!Thanks for reporting.The CS derby only produced 60 something fish for over 300 anglers.Sounds like you did a lot better!!

Polebrother
06-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Launched out of richmond on sat. For my first bay trip in my new boat. At the dock went to fill the livewell and nothing. Tested the wires and a bad switch! Re-wired a switch in and off to the bait pin. Got some small chovies and headed out. I had an idea of where 2 go but wasn't for sure were the fishing was good. Drifted for about 30 min east of marin island in 12'-30' for to scratches. We picked up and headed south to fish south of Red Rock. There was one boat with no fish so we started a drift. 5 min FISH ON!! 33" 11lbs! Not a bad way to start my first trip! About 15 min later I had an 18" striper then a small sand shark. Picked up and made another drift! As we got setup we looked out and all we saw was boats!! The guy in the other boat must have told everyone! We went from two boats to 60+ in 45 min! We worked through everyone for 5 Hali 3 keepers and 2 shakers, 4 of them I caught and the shark and striper! My buddy had either a bat ray or big striper on that didn't want to stop but then it poped the hook! Rookies!! Next time!

Wow...60-plus boats in 45 minutes! Must have been real slow everywhere else in the bay. What can you tell us about water conditions...was it easy to find clear water or was the bay dirty again in most places? Never fished south of Red Rock...how deep is the drift there? Right up against the rock? Thanks for the report as we're not hearing anything from the other 60 boat captains who shared water with you last Saturday.

Captain Morgan
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Fishing's not what i would call red hot,but to get 3 keepers, that's excellent!

fishslammer
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Well I guess you can drift both tides in the area. There is a good size flat of 21'-25' mostly 23'. The water was not real clear but about not muddy. Im sure we could have caught more but we had to be off the water at 1 to make the races in Antioch.