PDA

View Full Version : mackinaw smoked

outdoordude
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
just got back from a fathersday fishing weekend and brought back a 6 lb mack and thinking I want to try it smoked. I dont want to over power it with a salmon brine but don't have much time. any ideas? I thinking teriaki brown sug salt soy water and spices???

outdoordude
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
ok, well, had to get it done. brine = (I don't measure just approx) 1/2c terriaki, 1/4c soy, 1/4c brown sugar and koser salt, good shaking of worcestershire, spices=heathy shakings of onion, garlic, salad supreme and kikn chickn. marinade overnite, pat dry let stand while smoker heats up. smoker = mesquite charcoal w/small applewood chunks. sprinkle kikn & baste w/ terriaki cook till starts to flake amazing!!!

Fishbucket
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry I missed this and didnt help..

Next time, Dunk them in a ziplock, pour in some Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce. Push out the air. leave overnight in fridge, Pull out pat dry. let rest/warm to room temp while smoker heats up. smoke 4 -5 hours at 130 deg.

Everything I do now starts with Yoshidas... add other things for kicks.

outdoordude
06-24-2010, 06:35 AM
thanks fishbucket I'll pick up some always like to try new sauces, the way I did it turned out fantastic.

Fishbucket
06-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Yeah, it sounds great...

I'm just getting lazy. :grin: .and.. I like the sweet taste.

CrappieJed
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
way to many ingredients for smoking macs or trout....cut your salt in half when using terriaki will be way to salty....worcestershire oh no, thats stuff is turpentine and garlic and onion seasoning together big clash....mesquite charcoal good for beef and pork use cherry or apple for fish.....after brining rinse off the fillets with cold water and pat dry with a paper towl...yummmy

big tip....don't add your brown sugar to the brine rub it on the fillets when there about half done and sprinkler a little course black pepper not alot though....did i say yummmy

just my 2 1/4 cents:smiley:

CJ

deathfromabove
06-27-2010, 08:30 AM
If you guys want a good recipe try catching a fish, pull it off the hook, and take a giant bite out of it's belly while its still alive. Smeagle it real good and then swallow. If you want a good visual of this then watch " The Lord of The Rings". Wait a few minutes and after you throw up you can chum fish through your gut slick. :sonar: :trout: :sick:

CrappieJed
06-27-2010, 11:59 AM
If you guys want a good recipe try catching a fish, pull it off the hook, and take a giant bite out of it's belly while its still alive. Smeagle it real good and then swallow. If you want a good visual of this then watch " The Lord of The Rings". Wait a few minutes and after you throw up you can chum fish through your gut slick. :sonar: :trout: :sick:
you been drinking the bong water again uh?

HOG-ON
07-08-2010, 06:23 AM
you been drinking the bong water again uh?

HE HE HE HE ! ! :carla: