PDA

View Full Version : Spicers

Bee_Jay
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Arrived at spicers yesterday morning 8 AM. Lines in the water by 8:30. Trolled with seps flashers and night crawler, F-9 rapala and a few other things untill 2:30. Hooked about 15 fish but couldn't stick em. Wound up with 4 RB's on the stringer. Needless to say it was kind of slow fishing. Better than staying home and mowing lawns. We found a lot of fish in 80 ft of water down from 10 to 35 ft but they weren't hungry I guess. Went to the middle of the lake in 300 ft of water and graphed school after school of fish. Same thing, couldn't get them to hit anything. The lake is way up. Easy lauching and a new rebuild dock, The wind did come up about 11:30 and had to use the gas motor at times. Had a great day just being on the lake.

conrad89
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Good to know thanks for the heads up! Sorry the fish wouldn't stick. Sometimes those fish can get real small some years there... Then again I've seen a few at the cleaning station that were eating good in the neighorhood as well!

I wonder if the smaller fish are harder to get a solid hookset.

Bee_Jay
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't know about the hook size, we tried different sizes and that didn't seem to help.
The schools of fish we graphed in the deeper water seemed to be smaller fish with larger fish mixed in among them. So from that we figured the big ones were feeding on the smaller ones and didn't want anything we were offering. The 4 that we brought home were 15 to 17 inchers.
Sorry no pictures. Don't know how to post pictures and didn't have the camers with us.