PDA

View Full Version : Lake De Sabla Fishing

Nickyman22
07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
After two unsuccessful daytime trips to De Sabla above Magalia and seeing fish rise, I decided to take the pontoon boat up. Got in at about 4:30 p.m. I didn't get anything till about 7:30. Every time I fished there I had fished the side of the lake that the skyway is on. I was fishing that side until about 6:30 I started seeing fish rise close to shore on the other side. So I paddled over and started fishing. Soon after I got a hit on my panther martin. Must have been a small one. By the nights end, I had got 4 strikes, out of those I hooked 3, out of those I landed one. I lost my net for my pontoon boat so that was responsible for losing one of the fish. All on the Panther Martin. I fly fished for a while with no luck too. For like an hour and a half I fished two different rapalas in the middle hoping for a big brown but nothing. If you are gonna go there, just wait until about 7 and go on the side opposite the Skyway side. Next time I am bringing some smaller spinners and crickets to bobber fish. I took a pic of the fish I landed, not huge, but satisfying :)1317

panther
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I haven't been there for quite a few years, but my memory is that no "water-craft" are allowed on that lake. Are you sure it's okay to launch a pontoon boat there?

Panther

Nickyman22
07-15-2010, 01:09 PM
It was a personal Pontoon Boat like a bucks bag, water skeeter with oars? No motor. And there was other drift boats with no motors. I think it's okay to bring a bucks bag or float tube there.

panther
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Nickyman22,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll put my float tube in there sometime.

Panther