PDA

View Full Version : Oakdale woodward ?????????

fish10plus
07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Any-one been out lately. Im headed there for the weekend and looking for any help on fishing statis around the banks? Thanks for helping

rbilly01
07-15-2010, 08:23 AM
The weekends are usually crowded, lots of lake lice for a small lake. Best bet would be to fish early and late when the boats get off the water. I have a friend that likes to bass fish that lake alot in the summer, as for trout I don't hear much coming out of there in the summer time. If I were fishing there I would fish near the dam, find some deep water.

Grant916
07-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I used to fish there in the summer all the time until I figured out all the jet skis etc were more trouble than this lake is worth. There are however decent trout plants that make it possible to still get a few into your boat. You mentioned you are going to fish from the bank so I recommend as stated earlier fish as close to the Dam as possible as it's pretty deep there and that lake is quite warm this time of year...you'll want to get as deep as possible. Use a larger weight than you would normally and try and huck it out there a ways. Good luck!

shadbuster
07-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't think Woodward or any of the Stanislaus county lakes would be a good bet for trout, since because of the EIR lawsuit none of them have been planted since December of last year :(, maybe one of these days they will go back on the stocking list.

fish_feeder32
07-17-2010, 09:25 PM
I agree with shad buster the trout fishing is going to be tuff. If you do fish woodward try for bass. We would use live bullfrogs to catch them off the dam. But check the regs before you try that I am not sure if it is legal or not. We where just kids that did'nt know much then. Also we would have a good time catching catfish by the bridge in the back off of eastman rd using chicken livers. Good luck.