PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to loon this weekend??

g-town_fisher
07-15-2010, 05:29 PM
My kids are gone for a few days and the wife and i are planning on going sat. morning. anyone else plan on going?

Jason
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I will be there Saturday with Cheryl, my fishing partner. Don't know if we'll be fishing around the island by the ramp or head to the back. Our last trip we had limits in less than 2 hours. We will be in a 14 foot Klamath with the 15 horse Merc. on the back.

g-town_fisher
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
cool. we will be in a 16ft. tracker boat. good luck to ya. see you up there.

g-town_fisher
07-17-2010, 04:53 PM
so, jason. how did you guys do today? good to meet you this morning. we had lots of bites on watermelon dodger and watermelon apex. came home with 2 fish ( well they were caught by my wife but i live with her so i guess theyre half mine too). beautiful day, i talked to a few others and said it was very slow biting.oh well. still nice to be fishing up there.

Jason
07-17-2010, 07:45 PM
We ended up with 7 but it took about 8 hours of work to do it, but with the high in Sacramento at 101, we were in no rush to get back. For us it seemed that green and watermelon dodgers were the ticket. With the slow bite and a water temp. of 70, we even took some time to go swimming.

rkellyg
07-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'll be at Loon for annual family (single Dad) trip this coming week starting Thursday 22nd and may stay over extra week, lol.
I have a white 18ft Stingray w/Blue bimini, no downriggers, use trolling plate. I have room for fishing partner as daughter can't stand for me to murder the worms or fish!!
Hoping to be at spot #29, stop by and say hi if you are around.
I'm bringing the Hi-Def satellite, 1080p flat + hot shower + oven, if anyone is in need while there. Hoping to get a brown this year, although with full moon, doubtful. Let's get LOONEY!! Kel G.

Shawnb
07-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Fished Loon today for 6hrs. Two fish to the boat. First fish came in the first five minutes. Everyone I talked to got skunked.:embarassed: