PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Trout!!!

Reel Fun
07-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I took the kids to Camanche to cool off on Fri. afternoon and there was a huge grasshopper hatch on the shore and even clear out in the middle we saw lots of grasshoppers on the surface??? I also saw 5-6 huge trout!!!! They were all huge in the 5-10 lb. class just crusing the surface....and the surface temp was 80+???? I guess the meal was more important than being comfortable??? Wish I had brought the rods!!!!!

RF

C U FISHING
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM
We are camping there this weekend, any recommendtion on what tackle to use. Was this in the pond or out in the lake? THANK YOU

CU FISHING

Reel Fun
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
We are camping there this weekend, any recommendtion on what tackle to use. Was this in the pond or out in the lake? THANK YOU

CU FISHING

Out in the middle of the main lake!!!! Try using small rapalas on the downrigger if you have them?? If not....I would just free fall a whole nightcrawler with no weight and let it just sink into the 20-30ft range and just drift around.

RF

C U FISHING
07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Out in the middle of the main lake!!!! Try using small rapalas on the downrigger if you have them?? If not....I would just free fall a whole nightcrawler with no weight and let it just sink into the 20-30ft range and just drift around.

RF

Thanks for the advice Reel Fun. I do not have a downrigger, but will try the whole nightcrawler. How do I hook the nightcrawler and what size hook?

C U FISHING

Reel Fun
07-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the advice Reel Fun. I do not have a downrigger, but will try the whole nightcrawler. How do I hook the nightcrawler and what size hook?

C U FISHING

A small hook will work #2-4 just let the fish take the worm....I bet crickets floated way behind the boat would work great also like 250 ft and just drift?????

RF