PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe trout fishing

KAF
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Any advice for places to trout fish at Lake Tahoe? We have a boat but hope to learn the latest hot spots. Thanks!

Jetspray
08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Everytime I go up there with the boat it costs $52 to put into the water. $12 for launching/parking, $30 inspecton, $10 livewell inspection = $52, I launch at Cave Rock Ramp on the Nevada side. Haven't read much on reports for a good long time. Should be good with a boat though......Jetspray

HeyNiceFish
08-01-2010, 07:50 PM
KAF,

If you don't want to pay the fee's. Try fishing at Boca Res. Hirschdale exit off of hwy 80. Few exit ahead of Truckee and it's close by the exit. I was up there camping on 4th of July. No fee's to pay either. Use gold kastmaster or anything that has gold and rapala's. Works great! If you have downriggers, try by the dam area for some browns.

Good Luck!
Mark

KAF
08-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks so much, Jetspray. I will avoid the $52 launch fee and try Boca or Prosser!

KAF

Everytime I go up there with the boat it costs $52 to put into the water. $12 for launching/parking, $30 inspecton, $10 livewell inspection = $52, I launch at Cave Rock Ramp on the Nevada side. Haven't read much on reports for a good long time. Should be good with a boat though......Jetspray

KAF
08-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks, HeyNice Fish, for the tip. We will try near the dam and the lures you suggested.
KAF

KAF,

If you don't want to pay the fee's. Try fishing at Boca Res. Hirschdale exit off of hwy 80. Few exit ahead of Truckee and it's close by the exit. I was up there camping on 4th of July. No fee's to pay either. Use gold kastmaster or anything that has gold and rapala's. Works great! If you have downriggers, try by the dam area for some browns.

Good Luck!
Mark

FISHIN_BUDDY
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks so much, Jetspray. I will avoid the $52 launch fee and try Boca or Prosser!

KAF

Aahh, the capitalism at work... though I doubt they will lower the fees even IF they realize they are loosing revenue due to there $$ hunger... $52 to launch.. right

burtin163_1
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I too am planning on heading up to Tahoe in the near future. It's crazy to see the fee's that they have at some places....($20 in and $20 out, etc.). Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they have a new fee process started this year....you pay a one time inspection fee depending on the size and hp of your boat that is good for unlimited inspections throughout the year....they give you a sticker that you put on your boat..... there is also a discounted 3 day pass.....

check out the link: http://www.trpa.org/default.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=351#boat5

Still a rip off if you ask me!