PDA

View Full Version : High Roller Ling Tourney Day Two.....

Cal.Kellogg
08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Last year I put together my own lingcod tournament. A full load of guys goes out on the California Dawn, we all toss $100 in the jackpot and the guy with the heaviest limit of lings wins. The top two spots pay out...Last year the top guy got 2k and the second place guy got $800.

Last Friday we held our first tournament of the year and the winner took home $1,700 and second earned $500....We have our second and final 2010 tournament day on Tues.

I did well in the last event, but didn't finish in the money....Maybe Tues. will be my day...For the record we fish up near Double Point and boated 30 keepers and a bunch of quality rockfish. If the weather cooperates we'll head out to the islands. Point Reyes is my favorite spot, but there has been so much jelly up that way that it's impossible to fish most of the time....Wish me luck, Cal

nayr
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
good luck. any nice ling pics?!

Polebrother
08-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Cal...you don't need any extra money but good luck anyway. Oh, should you finish in the money, what's the statute of limitation for buying drinks? Six months?

STURIPER
08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
What a great trip! I had 7 lings for the day with a limit of rock fish and a 5ft wolf eel... Not to mention the $2000 in my pocket! :bananacheese:

k4lnamja
08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
What a great trip! I had 7 lings for the day with a limit of rock fish and a 5ft wolf eel... Not to mention the $2000 in my pocket! :bananacheese:

wow! where were you fishing?