PDA

View Full Version : hittin carson in the morning... any thoughts??

erikhajek
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
going to get up early and hit the carson in the morning with my fishin buddy. then maybe back to caples to soak some worms around lunch time. any thoughts? has anyone been up this last week with any reports on how things are going? any insight is always appreciated.

thanks,

the skunk:fishing5:

nploojlis
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Don't waste your time going up to carson or caples...if i were you...go to the lakes on the 80...

going to get up early and hit the carson in the morning with my fishin buddy. then maybe back to caples to soak some worms around lunch time. any thoughts? has anyone been up this last week with any reports on how things are going? any insight is always appreciated.

thanks,

the skunk:fishing5:

Marinpaul
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
My son and I did great in the West Carson on Tuesday and Wednesday. Fish downstream from the bridges, keep moving from hole to hole, and don't ignore the small pools/riffles. Keep your presentation very natural--small hooks and no weights whenever possible.

We caught and released this 20" beauty yesterday:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad217/Jakesandwich/photo-5.jpg

We also caught a couple decent browns (14"-15") in the East Carson on Panther Martins. We fished upstream from where Wolf Creek hits the river.

Good luck!

erikhajek
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
sorry this took so long but better late than never...

decided to drive right past the carson and headed to bridgeport for some stream fishin on the robertson. got there in good time and hit the creek coming out of lower twin. 10 mins and we both had one on and released. caught a few more and then headed to doc and al's. hit the stream hard and they were fun to catch. again, about 5 between us.

headed up to the outlet on upper twin and got one on the first cast.... then nothing. some some tanks cruzzin the shore with thier posie but not interested in eating.

headed out to hit the west walker on the way back to sac and we got there about 10 min after they planted. we must have hooked 15 a piece in 2 hours. another family was there as well and they were all catching fish. even the little ones that had no idea of what to do. got to love the trucks. they did plant some pretty nice sized trout there as well as the standard 10-12 inchers. these were probably 2-3 lbs.

had a great day fishing with my buddy and caught lots of trout. love that bridgeport area. supposed to hit it one last time in sept but might have conflicting issues with other things.

good fishin to all...:worthy: