PDA

View Full Version : Party boat: Fort Bragg vs Berkeley?

k4lnamja
08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Going to Fort Bragg tomorrow on a party boat. Does anyone know what the fishing reports have been lately? Any tips or suggestions or comments?

Next weekend, I'll be headed to Berkeley on a party boat too. I heard hali's have been less than 50% and rock cods are a given.

Thanks!!

smithstation
08-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm going out of Berkley tomorrow. I plan to fish out side the bay if water conditions are good. I will post up if we do any good.

fishingfreak
08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm going out of Berkley tomorrow. I plan to fish out side the bay if water conditions are good. I will post up if we do any good.

going out of emeryville the 7th looked on noaa they said swells up to 5 to 7 feet and 9 seconds apart

k4lnamja
08-07-2010, 04:37 PM
wow! my pops and i went out on friday in fort bragg. we drove to fort bragg b/c it was too late to make a reservation on one of the berkeley boats and we REGRET IT.

there were 7 of us on a boat (can't remember the name) and NO ONE caught limit. one guy got lucky and piggybacked a ling about 28" and a few rock fish. another guy got 6 with a few good sized ones too. my dad got 6 "okay" sized fish. i got 5 f*n canarys and couldn't keep any of em on top of a brownie and some small one (forgot the name).

maybe i'm not an expert but the captain would go to an area, tell us to fish on and then leave after 3-5 mins. we were catching fish in one area and all of a sudden he wants to leave again. now, i'm not blaming our poor results on the capt. but i've NEVER been on a boat and not caught at least limit or close to it.

k4lnamja
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
wow! my pops and i went out on friday in fort bragg. we drove to fort bragg b/c it was too late to make a reservation on one of the berkeley boats and we REGRET IT.

there were 7 of us on a boat (can't remember the name) and NO ONE caught limit. one guy got lucky and piggybacked a ling about 28" and a few rock fish. another guy got 6 with a few good sized ones too. my dad got 6 "okay" sized fish. i got 5 f*n canarys and couldn't keep any of em on top of a brownie and some small one (forgot the name).

maybe i'm not an expert but the captain would go to an area, tell us to fish on and then leave after 3-5 mins. we were catching fish in one area and all of a sudden he wants to leave again. now, i'm not blaming our poor results on the capt. but i've NEVER been on a boat and not caught at least limit or close to it.

oh, we were using shrimp flies with squid