PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Jack O'Connor Fans Here???

Cal.Kellogg
08-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Are any of you guys Jack O'Connor Fans?????

If you are I've got some big news.....Cal

Fishbucket
08-08-2010, 10:44 AM
You have one of his souped-up .270's that was built by Biesen... and are going to give it away to one of us sniffers???:banana2:

Cal.Kellogg
08-08-2010, 03:11 PM
You wish....I've toyed with the idea of getting my 7 mm restocked by him.....

I've been a Jack O fan for a long long time...I got a book of his at a garage sale when I was about 12....Fast forward a few years and I'm selling trout flies to the folks at the Castro Valley Sportsman's Center....Well the place changes hands and they are tossing out a bunch of junk including three boxes of Outdoor Life magazines spanning from early 50's to 1970...I grabbed them and really got into Jack O'Connor's writing...These days I have a bunch of his books....

One thing led to another a few months ago as I was looking for a hard to find O'Connor book and I found myself in correspondence with Jack's son Bradford....

I asked him for an interview, both about himself and his father as well as his family and he gave me the green light....I completed the interview a few days ago...I'm going to put it together as a two piece article for the Hunting Journal in the print edition....

Bradford shoots from the hip and doesn't mince words. That is what I would have expected from Jack O'Connor and as they say the fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree....Some of his answers are funny, some are thought provoking and some of them put "modern" hunters in the hot seat (with good reason I think) a bit.....

I can't wait to write the story....Cal

Fishbucket
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Very Cool !

That will be an enjoyable read.

too bad Elmer Keith did'nt have kids.. I'm sure they'd have some storys too.

Cal.Kellogg
08-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, I wonder if all those years that Elmer spent shooting those big bore rifles made him infertile....Ouch....