PDA

View Full Version : In Sac Area Visiting...Where do I go???????????

JoeyC
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm up in Lincoln off Hwy 65 in from the south bay area and would love to do some trout fishing though I have no idea where to head out to, and the family I'm visiting is a little out of touch with the fishing.

I was hoping I could get some direction from someone on where to go around here for trout or any good bait fishing.

You're help is appreciated.

Joey

EarlyFish
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
welcome to the forum. well, im not much of a wild trout fisherman, but i do recommend that you take a look through these forums under Trout Fishing and just read what location others goes to. Sorry, not much help

JTroutMan
08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm up in Lincoln off Hwy 65 in from the south bay area and would love to do some trout fishing though I have no idea where to head out to, and the family I'm visiting is a little out of touch with the fishing.

I was hoping I could get some direction from someone on where to go around here for trout or any good bait fishing.

Joey

Depends on how far you want to drive. From Lincoln, you could access Highway 20 and go to Scotts Flat, a pretty lake not far from Auburn, or go west on Highway 20 and go to Collins, big trout there but not as high or pretty. Or, simply take US 80 north about hour and a half and go to little Fuller lake, which you'll see lots of write up this board from a few weeks back.

JoeyC
08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I do appreciate the help. I hit a little place called Halsey Forebay in Auburn this morning. Got one bite and that was it. I will try what you mentioned tomorrow.

Thanks again bud!

Legalbeagle
08-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I do appreciate the help. I hit a little place called Halsey Forebay in Auburn this morning. Got one bite and that was it. I will try what you mentioned tomorrow.

Thanks again bud!

I was at Fuller last weekend and it was pretty slow. I don't think it's been stocked in a while. If I were you, I'd head up to Donner. They always stock it and people catch fish left and right on Power bait from shore. From where you are, it's probably about an hour and 20 mins. It's right off the highway. Get there early. I hear a lot of people get fish from shore toward the West end of the lake.

JTroutMan
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I was at Fuller last weekend and it was pretty slow. I don't think it's been stocked in a while. If I were you, I'd head up to Donner. They always stock it and people catch fish left and right on Power bait from shore. From where you are, it's probably about an hour and 20 mins. It's right off the highway. Get there early. I hear a lot of people get fish from shore toward the West end of the lake.

The stocked Fuller last week actually, Donner I think it's been over a month, but yeah either way AUgust can be tougher....I've actually done pretty well at French Meadows in August but it's a bit of a drive from Lincoln (close mileage was, but windy road so it's 90 minutes after exiting Auburn or so). Haven't heard much on Lake Valley Res. this year, but it's near Fuller and has brown bullheads also. Cool l little lake.....

westcoasterjim
08-20-2010, 07:20 PM

Joey

Hello Joey

I live in Lincoln, three blocks down thrid St. from Mc D's. If interested, in finding a few spots to fish or to just say hello, feel free to PM me. Saturday I will be out untill around 2:30.

Jim