PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a good point of contact at Lowrance for out of warranty issues?

learnme2
08-20-2010, 12:42 AM
I have an lcx-112c and have used it about 15 times. The screen went blank the last time I was out. There wasnt a blown fuse. The product should have lasted longer than it did in my opinion.

What I am asking for is help from someone that has had a decent experience with customer service. I need a name and number of someone who gets things done if you got one.

Also anyone having a similar experience please reply.

Thanks

Seon
08-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I have an LCX112C that did the same thing. It ended up being my battery was low. I charged the battery and "wah la" worked great.

Also check your wires to make sure none are loose.

As for the tech assist call 800-324-1356. No particular name..just tell them your problem.

BTW if your unit is out of warranty they'll give you two option. The first is to include a check (about $70) for them to bench check your unit. What they do is a hard reset which you can perform yourself (check your manual or ask them how to do that). If the reset doesn't fix your problem then option two is to send a check along with your unit and they'll replace your unit with a brand new one. They don't open up your old unit to fix, they just send you a new one back. I think it's about $550 for a new replacement.

Good luck

learnme2
08-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks Seon,

I already had it sent in and the unit was determined to be "bad" . They have no reason as what you said is true. They do not work on them there. 550 seems like throwing good money after bad. The woman I just spoke with seemed rude and to the point that the amount of use doesnt matter the waranty is all that counts. This thing was barely used at all. At >$2000 one might think that you would get a little better service.
Their responce was, "I understand sir." "Sometimes these things happen." "We hope that all of our equipment works properly for a long time." "Unfortunately a lot of times it does'nt." I should have done more research about this company prior to my purchase.
I have no problems with Lowrance products in the past. This was my first experience with customer service. I am all for giving someone the benifit of the doubt. But with all the paralell statements in regard to their customer service I wonder.

learnme2
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks Seon,

I already had it sent in and the unit was determined to be "bad" . They have no reason as what you said is true. They do not work on them there. 550 seems like throwing good money after bad. The woman I just spoke with seemed rude and to the point that the amount of use doesnt matter the waranty is all that counts. This thing was barely used at all. At >$2000 one might think that you would get a little better service.
Their responce was, "I understand sir." "Sometimes these things happen." "We hope that all of our equipment works properly for a long time." "Unfortunately a lot of times it does'nt." I should have done more research about this company prior to my purchase.
I have no problems with Lowrance products in the past. This was my first experience with customer service. I am all for giving someone the benifit of the doubt. But with all the paralell statements in regard to their customer service I wonder.

Seon
08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks Seon,

I already had it sent in and the unit was determined to be "bad" .....
.... 550 seems like throwing good money after bad....

So you sent your unit in, they deemed it bad so where do you go from here?

If you don't want to pay the $550 for a new unit, they'll send it back then you have a dead unit on your hand.

Here's a thought, pay the $550, get a new unit shipped back to you then you post it in the classified for $1200 or so. That'll be a win/win situation with you getting $650 back and the buyer getting a brand new unit for $1200 that retails for over $2000 . Just a thought.