PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report: Twin, Saddlebag, Little Virginia, Lundy

kpl
08-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Upper Twin Th afternoon from 3-7 trolling flashers with worms on one rod, powerbait on the other. 2 kokonee (powerbait), 6 rainbows to 17". Tried trolling a trophy stick for awhile with no takers.

Saddlebag Fri 10-3, same method as above. 9 rainbows to 19", tossed back many small brookies and some smaller rainbows.

Little Virginia, <hr. Sat late morning. Shore w/rainbow powerbait. 3 rainbows 14". Few hits on a gold kastmaster, but nothing stuck.

Lundy, late Sat afternoon. Trolling flashers w/powerbait on one pole for many rainbows to 3lbs, and one small brown. The other pole small flashers with a rainbow trophy stick and got a few hits but nothing stuck.

I'll post pictures in the next few days. Overall lots of great action on mostly fat and heathly, fighting fish.

NRJohn
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
What kind of boat do you have? Didn't think there was much of a launch facility at Saddlebag.

Plan to get up there in the fall.

kpl
08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Rental boats

Slapabow
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Can't wait for the pics.
It's been about 10 years since i have been to Saddlebag.
Love the wooden dam.

kpl
08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
a few pictures (http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4639521/1/Lee%20Vining%208-10?h=5b389a)

Captain Compassion
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the pics KPL. Love Lundy Lake. It has to be one of the windest places on earth but I always seem to get fish there.

CC

kpl
08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
It has to be one of the windest places on earth but I always seem to get fish there
I've owned a few sailboats and sailed in the SF Bay a lot so I'm used to lots of wind. That and my experiences at Caples. But, yeah, we did a lot of sideways trolling until I got worn out. We then switched to downwind trolling, which was great since the wind was blowing right down the lake lengthwise. Once we got to the dam, we hauled in our gear and motored back up to the resort and started over again. On the downwind legs I could keep the motor in neutral most of the time, with occassionally putting it in gear to provide some steering.