PDA

View Full Version : Hds 7 problem.

retired
08-27-2010, 07:34 AM
I have been trolling for kokanee with my HDS7 graph. The few times out I was having a problem with the correct depth. The graph seem like it would lock on a DR ball and only read that depth. My buddy said if the battery was low it may be the problem. So i would charge the battery before I went fishing. Yesterday it did the same thing when we were trolling at Melones. I set it too 200hkz and that help for a while then it would do it again. I finally set the graph from slow trolling to deep trolling it seem to solve the problem. Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did you do to correct the problem? I would also add the bottom of the graph screen would turn black at what ever deep the DR balls was at. Never had this problem with my old LCD 15. Hope someone has a answer. Thanks Retired.

meatball
08-29-2010, 07:41 AM
try 50% ping
manual on

AnglingWes
08-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Agree, alter the ping speed. If you have telescoping DRs, try changing the arm length to get the ball out of the transducer's direct line of sight. You may also have to adjust the transducer angle one click.
Does it track the bottom correctly when you make turns?