PDA

View Full Version : Bucks around robinson flat area?

nicky6chovies
08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
hello, i hunt the foresthill area every year with my dad and family and we camp in the robinsons flat campground, if you have been up there at all this year for archery or just pre-season scouting and have seen some life, or sign of deer, please let me know, it'd be much obliged

-N.Fogal

Reel Fun
09-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I used to hunt that area 20 yrs ago.....very big deer for sure not a bunch but big!!!! Look on a map for Red Star Ridge!!! Thats where the late season big boys are....I have seen 200lb dead deer there!!!

RF

nicky6chovies
09-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks RF, my family has been hunting that area dating back to 1961, and i've been hunting it for 8 years with my dad, but i have heard of red star ridge and have heard of great success on it, but WAY to close to theg ame refuge for me, that place is just crawlin with fish cops, and your definetley right about there not being very many bucks, but the ones you do see are good sized, well thanks anyway.

Reel Fun
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
When you go up the dirt road to Red Star the hill on your left has a fence near the top that defines the boundry line......many huge bucks have been taken near that fence....legally!! You will see many signs that will tell you where the border line is and you will see the highways......errrrr deer trails near there for sure!!!

RF

nicky6chovies
09-11-2010, 02:07 PM
hmm well when i get my license and own truck i'll definetley have to check that out, thanks for the tip RF