PDA

View Full Version : 600lb Grouper Video on Comcast

Jigster
12-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Okay, you've got to see this video if you have Comcast cable. *Go to OnDemand and choose Sports, then Versus, then Anglers and choose 600lb Grouper Video. *It's only 5 min, but wow, what a fish! *:o *Does it look 600 lbs to you?

I also like the video on the Golden Dorado.

Enjoy!

J

EastBayAngler
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I have dish network and watch Offshore Adventures. I love that show! 4 people fish the globe in a yaht and one of them is a Chef so he cooks the catch at the end of the show...Really cool stuff 8-)

Jigster
12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Sounds like fun. Any trip or recipe stand out?

J

realdeal
12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Ive seen offshore adventures a few times as well as the grouper vid, both are awesome!i think on offshore adventures they usually catch and release larger gamefish like marlin and then catch smaller fish to eat fresh on the boat. I also like the giants catfish vid they have on comcast

jerdh71
12-08-2007, 07:04 AM
That was big but 600Lb, dont think so Idont think they would be lifting it if it was that heavy. Still nice fish

abdiver12
12-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I dove with one of those things in Australia and it was the biggest fish I've ever seen underwater other than a whale shark. His head was about 4 feet across and he could probably have swallowed me if he wanted to.

Jigster
12-08-2007, 01:39 PM
That was big but 600Lb, dont think so Idont think they would be lifting it if it was that heavy. *Still nice fish

I agree. How would you weigh it anyway?
J

EastBayAngler
12-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds like fun. Any trip or recipe stand out?

J

Somewhere around Panama they were ripping into some sailfish that were putting on an insane airshow :o

Then they went diving for Amber Jacks, Speared a good sized one 15-20#
And took it to the island and got local produce to make Brochettes. AWSOME!

EBA

209striper
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
i just saw that, its pretty big but i dont think its 600lbs. still an awsome catch

metalmouth
12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
This year has been a bit slow. Last year they hit some huge Blacks off of the Banks outside of Panama. Incredible footage. I run all of their shows on DVR to play back when I have time. The Gourmet Galley has some great tips on cooking fish. ;)

joshc40
12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
That is one huge fish man. Definitely not 600 pounds though.

garrett_s
12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
not 600 pounds but a fish of a lifetime :)

realdeal
12-08-2007, 04:58 PM
its too bad they dont show any decent fishing shows until the middle of the night

EastBayAngler
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
its too bad they dont show any decent fishing shows until the middle of the night
DVR Baby! ;D

metalmouth
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
On Dish Network I record the bulk of my shows on Monday until Spring comes and then the Outdoor Network and ESPN will put their full slate of shows on. I have a list of 50 that are on search and record mode. I then set my DVR to search for Key Words, Fish, and Fishing to record shows that pop up on obscure channels. During the Fall and Winter I will get 20 shows a week, 10 of which may be of interest or are not reruns that I've already seen. Spring will record as many as 50 shows a week with 20 to 30 being of interest. With the commercials skipped I can watch a half hour fishing show in under 15 minutes.

MM 8-) ;D 8-)

EastBayAngler
12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
We totaly stole this pore guys thread! ;D But yah I mostly get a bunch of bass and walleye shows but there is a bass show that I like...Ultimate Match Fishing! My freinds and I play a friendly version of this comp. ;D
Lindlers Angling Edge is kinda crappy. Roland Martin just talks about the importance of using sun screen... We need some better fishing shows!

Ow yah Mark Soasin Salt Water journal is really cool. ;)

EBA

metalmouth
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Sosin is the King. ;D I could probably tie a Bimini Twist to a No Name knot in my sleep but he does a good job of teaching while he's entertaining. ;D

Jigster
12-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey EBA, you guys are welcome to hijack my thread anytime. ;) The Saltwater Forum's been kind of quiet lately since the Rockfish Closure and then the oil spill... what next? >:(

MM, that's a great idea. I hadn't thought of programing key words to record. I'm gonna try that. Thanks. :)

J

EastBayAngler
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Dont forget In-Fisherman...That gar fish / sturgeon / giant catfish episode was all time! :o

metalmouth
12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, after seeing that one I put the Texas Gar on my list of fish "must do" trips. That gar was a film record. Incredible. I like their Musky shows as well! Come to think about it those Tennessee Stripers were a must do as well! ;)

abdiver12
12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Do you guys get "Inside Sportsfishing" up there (I live in SD)? That's when they take you on long range boats to Mexico and show people hauling in huge cow tuna. They also did 2 shows where people were catching black marlin off the rocks. Can't wait for Offshore Adventures to start broadcasting their around the world expedition next year.

żżż
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Er, thanks for the 'commercial' guys. Back on topic... :P

OA catches some pretty awesome fish. I don't have Comcast, but I've seen a ton of their shows - very cool. J, do you know what season and episode that came from?

In case you're interested, a lot of their recipes can be found at their website, along with some video archives. Enjoy.
http://www.offshoreadventures.tv/index.html
and
http://www.offshoreadventures.tv/archives.html

striperking13
12-09-2007, 11:54 PM
;)

Hey guys if you just wanna watch some fishing show, check out this website. westernbass.tv i love it, has lots and lots of local fishing video. Even have one in discovery bay.. Fish On

Jigster
12-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Mike, It's Trev Gowdy on Versus (OnDemand). Doesn't say which episode though. I just watched it again and I won't be complaining again after our next rockfish trip. This guy looks like he'll be keeping his chiropracter busy for quite a while. :o

Anybody know when rockfish season begins? I'm gettin' the itch!

J