PDA

View Full Version : Don pedro

MARK_BREWER
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Fished monday and tuesday this week for limits on monday and 9 tuesday. the bows were from 15-20 inchs, fat and full of shad. Best lures on mon. were uncle larrys fire tiger,and orange glow assassins with a piece of crawler. Tuesday was small popcicle colored excel and a small cop car needle fish. lots of strikes that just would not stick. fishing speed was from 1.6 to 1.9. depth was from 35 ft. to 55 ft. Lots of bait balls out there, some of them looked like they were 20 ft. thick on the FF.

Good luck all.
Mark

Captn ofthe Crest
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Great report, might have to give old Pedro a shot! :captjack:

trolling4life
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the report, Mark. Sounds like the trout are definitely on the bite. It's always a good sign when the fish are full of shad. Are the fish too deep for leadcore right now? I don't have a downrigger setup but I'm hoping to reach them with leadcore. Not sure if I have popsicle patterned Excel's but I have them in shad pattern. I'm going to try and get out there the weekend after Labor Day.

Thanks again,

Brian

MARK_BREWER
09-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Brian, we ran one leadcore rig both days and it actually caught more fish than the down riggers. Nickle colored seps dodger with about a 18 inch leader was what worked for us. On the leadcore we did not use any worms,corn or scent. Six to seven colors was ticket. Good luck brian.

Mark.

iron-man
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey Mark check your PM. iron-man