PDA

View Full Version : Bowman question

cjskier
09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Has anyone been to bowman in the past couple weeks? Just wondering what the water level is like. Going there for a week in 2 weeks. Plan is to take the boat, but we will need the ramp, however we can handle steep and gnarly. Wondering what the size of the kokes in there are too if possible. Anything over 8 inches yet? PM me with info if you dont feel like shaing it publicly.

snff
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
the lake is ok. there are 2 boat ramp one closer to the dam it dives off the dirt road and goes strait down the mountain and the better one is at the other end of the lake where the creek comes in by all the campgrounds. fishing isn't that great alot of small kokes and every once and a great while someone catches a good brown. check out the whole lake and once you see fish on the finder stay on then and try everything till you start hooking them then move around to find other schools.

cjskier
09-10-2010, 05:11 AM
the lake is ok. there are 2 boat ramp one closer to the dam it dives off the dirt road and goes strait down the mountain and the better one is at the other end of the lake where the creek comes in by all the campgrounds. fishing isn't that great alot of small kokes and every once and a great while someone catches a good brown. check out the whole lake and once you see fish on the finder stay on then and try everything till you start hooking them then move around to find other schools.

I go to this lake every year, I know ALL about it. Just wondering the water level. And Bowman kicks out fish a little better then "OK" :action-smiley-063:

smokie
09-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I was there the midweek before labor day. The water level looked fine.
Windy in the afternoon. Saw only two boats in two days.

Fished from shore, no luck. Did see small trout rising early and late.

Nick145
09-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm heading up there next weekend 24-26. Should be a blast. I don't have a boat any more but, there a lot of good places to fish from shore at and, near bowman lots of good streams in that area too.

Me and my dad were there a few years ago about this time. Be went up the inlet by the ramp near the first couple of camping spots. Not the one that is immediately by the ramp but, the one after it heading towards the other shore. We were fishing panther martins and, we probably caught 30-40 fish in an hour all over lbs. Rainbows and, browns we even caught a nice 10inch male koke in his spawning colors it was a blast.

nick145

cjskier
09-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Heading out to Bowman in a bit for the next 4 days. I'll report back when I'm home!

Nick145
10-08-2010, 04:18 PM
sorry it took so long for me to reply we caught one fish we fished all over creeks rivers the main lake but nothing more than the one we caught in the Yuba below Spaulding area the fish was a beautiful 16in. rainbow I will get a pic up soon.

nick 145