PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fishing in Northwestern WA

Graceclaw
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
So, I live in Bremerton. That's 45 mins and a tank of gas away from Point No Point and Salisbury. I've been to both, specifically PNP for like 10 hours on various outgoing tides. Nothing. I have only seen one little silver brought up from Salisbury in the time that I've been fishing this year. I'm using a method I know worked for my dad, so I know I can get them when they're there, but the real question is: Where are they? If you know a GOOD place within an hour or so from me, that would be great. Salmon are my new obsession, so any tips or w/e for me are welcome. Oh and I'm a shore fisherman only. No boat. I'm interested in any and all kinds of salmon that I can catch, and will welcome any advice.

Graceclaw
09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
So apparently this forum is dead, or nobody cares to help or talk, which kinda defeats the purpose of it. Wonderful. I'll rough it :P

predator
09-20-2010, 11:09 PM
So apparently this forum is dead, or nobody cares to help or talk, which kinda defeats the purpose of it. Wonderful. I'll rough it :P

Until I have returned! Not many fishermen on the board are from WA OP so you won't get many responses to your question. I'm in Forks. No drift boat but bank and wade when possible. Yes, I am a salmon and steelhead fisherman - fly fish, spin and baitcast. I heard from a fisherman who was fishing along the Bremerton area beaches for Silvers. They come close to shore. You might call a bait shop and ask them what they know about fishing for silvers on the beaches.

Currently Silver fishing on the Quillayute river is slow. Few silvers are entering the Quillayute river system ( Bogy, Sol Duc, and the Callawah).

predator

dr.fish
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I lived in Silverdale for about 7 years. I have caught small silvers off the beach at the Bangor Sub Base using buzz bombs. The area around the Quilicene river can produce some fish (silvers again). Hood canal is pretty dead now for returns. There is a small stream near the Naval Hospital that has a good run of chums that are fun to C and R. Usually, I bit the bullet and drove to the Cowlitz, the Humtulips or Forks for better fishing.