PDA

View Full Version : Chabot

Hookin_Up
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
It looks like they started planting Chabot this week...does anyone troll there this early in the season? Is it worth a shot? Thanks.

crappieman67
09-11-2010, 09:03 AM
It's a little early, but if you do Go Deep

Good Luck

Chris

Mr_Lake_Chabot
09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
They usually start planting trout at Chabot in middle of September but a friend of mine said he read somewhere trout plants at Chabot aren't starting till November this year do you know for sure Chabot already started planting trout ???

Mr_Lake_Chabot
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Last year at beginning of October trout fishing was really good

FishermanDan
09-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I limited out yesterday. On chartreuse powerbait, with a no. 16 treble hook on 2lb test flourocarbon leader.

Mr_Lake_Chabot
09-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Did you really limit on trout yesterday or you just messin with me where did you fish if your serious I'm gonna go down there soon

Hookin_Up
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I just looked at the planting schedule and it said they have begun...sounds like that's the case then?...:cyclop4lf:

FishermanDan
09-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes, I really did catch my limit. I am not pulling your leg. Sorry I don't have pics, but I don't take pics of trout bc I have caught too many; its just not as exciting anymore, seriously, i'm not trying to be arrogant. I've been fishing for trout since I was 4. It is true that trout fishing slows down during the summer. My ratio during summer is not nearly as good as it is in season. However, despite popular beliefs, I still had good success in the summer by fishing shallow areas early in the morning and fishing in deep drop offs as it gets hotter. If you know chabot well, then you should know an area that has a shallow end and a deep end right next to each other. I don't wanna name it out tho bc I don't want to blow spots up online. Seems like the fish are more lethargic in the summer, so bait is the way to go. Though I have caught few on kastmasters, inline spinners, and dry/wet flies with a clear bubble (the bubble gives me weight to cast flies with my spinning gear, and I can adjust the weight of the bubble as I see fit by putting water in it or vice versa). Every trout I caught on lures during summer has always been early in the morning. I think its dumb for people to assume that trout fishing is over in the summer. Of course your not going to catch any trout during the summer if you don't TRY. Just get out there, fish or no fish, its still worthwhile; I never regret it. Let me know how you do. Tight lines.

STRIPER_510
09-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Give time for a few plants and trout should be kickin sooner.

LuckyIrishFan
09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
FD, thanks for the recent update on Chabot:dankk2:!!! FISH ON:grin:!!!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
I believe you caught your limit fishermandan I just haven't been to Chabot much this summer so I have no idea what's biting right now or where there biting but that's no problem cause all I gotta do is ride to a bunch of good spots and cast out.....
Hey Lucky Irish Fan send me message when u have time to go get some trout and I'll meet u there And let you net my fish for me ok ????