PDA

View Full Version : Ice House Anyone?

EarlyFish
09-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Has anyone been out to Ice House Reservoir? Had a few friends that went there a few times last month and got skunked. So, I want to see if anyone else had any luck out there. I just hope that reservoir isnt dying out.

EarlyFish
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
So no report from out there?

Jason
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
My last trip there was on the 17th of August. Took a buddy and we had 7 fish before noon until the jet skiers shut the bite down. We were running worm/dodger combo, topline early morning and went downriggers to 35 feet as it got warmer. Probably start back on Ice House in October until I can't get up there.

Jfitalia
09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I will be there tomorrow from shore

EarlyFish
09-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I will be there tomorrow from shore
Yeah? I will be there with some friends also.

EarlyFish
09-17-2010, 10:12 PM
My last trip there was on the 17th of August. Took a buddy and we had 7 fish before noon until the jet skiers shut the bite down. We were running worm/dodger combo, topline early morning and went downriggers to 35 feet as it got warmer. Probably start back on Ice House in October until I can't get up there.
Those 7 fish, were they stocked trouts? I want to catch the browns up there, if any left.

highlands
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Go to Caples. If toplining fish the east shore near inlet for browns.

EarlyFish
09-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Well, we didnt stay very long at Ice House. Got there around 11am and spoke to some fisherman with no catch, so we headed out to Union Valley. Caught 1 wild rainbow and was released. Caught 3 more, but were stocked trouts so they were kept. Also, lost 3 while reeling up to shore.

Jfitalia
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, we didnt stay very long at Ice House. Got there around 11am and spoke to some fisherman with no catch, so we headed out to Union Valley. Caught 1 wild rainbow and was released. Caught 3 more, but were stocked trouts so they were kept. Also, lost 3 while reeling up to shore.

Yeah my gf and I landed 7 but all small stockers. Kind of a waste of so I guess I'll wait for camanche to start stocking

Treebeard
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I can confirm that IceHouse was very difficult this last week, from shore - but I didn't try after sundown, which usually is better for me there.

TB

Jfitalia
09-25-2010, 07:38 AM
I can confirm that IceHouse was very difficult this last week, from shore - but I didn't try after sundown, which usually is better for me there.

TB

Yeah we had like 15 hits from 8am to 1. The problem is the stockers are under 12inches and don't fight at all! I'm using 2 and 3lb test on my ultra lights and they can't pull drag let alone even a headshake...

EarlyFish
10-05-2010, 09:40 AM

TB
Went back there, seems like everyone was having succcess with powerbait on the bottom. I decided to take a swim with goggles and saw tons of fish scattering into rocks down below 15-20 ft, no bigger than 11".