PDA

View Full Version : Ice House

fishingfan
09-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Went there wed, 09/15/2010 for some squirrel hunting. ended up with 5 squirrels between 3 of us. Was hiking back to the car when I ran into an area where there seem to be a lot of fresh deer tracks. I figured that since I'm here, I might as well scout out the place for a while. After a few minutes of waiting I saw 2 females walk out of the nearby brush. Then all of a sudden I see this huge 3x4 run off from where the does came out.

I know where I'm hunting soon!

DUNNIGAN JIM
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I was up that way last weekend to visit my buddies whlie they where bow hunting. They had seen a few bucks and does but not close enuff or tooooooo fast. I drove up to Wrights lake to check out some of my spots and seen several fresh signs . On the way back I seen a very NICE 4X4 BUCK near wrights . Hope he sticks around . Good luck to all that are out there hunting ....:krzyhunter4ez:

Get Bent MARK
09-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Looks good for the opener but you will have a lot of company up there as I'm sure you are awhare opening weekend. I saw 2 very nice buck last weekend at UVR. They came down about 9:00 AM for water and then went back up the hill and went to bed.
I only get real serious about hunting the basin area during or right after the first real snow, if it happens during the season. It always seems to snow RIGHT after the close but if we are lucky and the first snow happens during the week, watch out!!! Lot's of deer and not too many hunters. Good luck to ALL D-5 hunters. It can be a tough zone to hunt.

Mark