PDA

View Full Version : New to SW fishing help

bobbyblank
11-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Hello, I have fished lakes my whole life and loved every minute of it! I have had some time on the river as well, mainly for catfish and some stripers, but i have almost no saltwater fishing experiance.

I took a charter out for halibut for a buddies batchlor party and caught 2 but didnt get them on the boat (Terrible charter crew!). I also went out with my father a few years back and caught a ton of surf perch but dont remember where we were at or how we caught them lol. I do a lot of crabbing at lawsons landing also, Thats about the majority of SW experiance.

Well I really would like to get into some SW fishing with my girlfriend who LOVE to fish. Im looking for some good spots to fish for perch and some rigs for them (if this is a good time to catch them?!). I say perch because they were fun to catch, and the one time i went, we were catching every 10-15 minutes. Also any info on other fish i can catch with my SW/Large Freshwater tackle or locations i can fish with my boat would be great. Dont know if my boat will handle any bay fishing and if it can, dont know where to drive it :D. Id like to get out this weekend some time. Thanks for any pointers

TACKLE AND BOAT:::

14ft Gregor with a 15hp Merc 3 seats holds around 10g of gas.

2 8ft fenwics w/Ambasador 6500's (My catfish/striper poles)
1 12ft Surf pole with diawa 5500
1 15ft Surf pole with diawa 5500

MontanaN8V
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
K, about the girlfriend, she loves to fish NOW, but she is trying to trick you into marrying her. Once you say I do, you won't no more. That boat, sold, your rods, yard sale. Forget ever fishing again. You have grass to mow, things to fix, and oh yeah, once you have kids, Sunday is her day to get away, so, you have to watch the kids, and no, you can't leave the house, because she is taking your truck, because her car has too many miles on it, and you might need to put the baby in the car seat. Your truck is now a chick rig, and no more eating in it either. So forget ever getting back into it with fish smell on your clothes.

RUN NOW WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE!

bobbyblank
11-21-2007, 11:52 AM
HAHA, sunday is already "HER" day. She makes me watch my fishin shows and football in the bedroom :-/. I dont know what it is, but she does love to fish. When we go, its usually because she makes me (no complaints ;)). I took her perch fishing out of some coastline a mile or so north of bodega bay and got skunked. Really turned her off of saltwater fishing. But it was really windy and rough surf and we didnt get a bite.

ric1ric
11-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Boy some one sounds a little bitter ;D ;D

janbfishinfolk
11-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Listen to Montana - he knows what hes talking about. After they decide they don't want to fish anymore all of the sudden you are spending too much money on fishing - you're never home - your gear takes up too much space - all you think about is fish - why do you need that - you already have one - it goes on and on.

striperking13
11-23-2007, 12:48 AM
:'( :'(
I'm a victim...wish i would've found fishsniffer sooner...mine USE TO love to fish. Even woke up bright early 4am and went fishing with me. That's what i am talking about, but when i got down on my knees and said I DO. It was all over, I do went to i wont fish anymore. Then the costing to much came up.....gosh dang it..making me wanna cry talking about it... :'( :'( Fish Off :'(