PDA

View Full Version : Devices that can be used from the shore?

jackelmyer
09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I was wondering if there are any type of fish finder devices and/or depth devices that can be used with shore fishing.

Any ideas?

GUSANO
09-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, portable fish finders. Do your research! Cause some of them are expensive and worthless junk! The one I had, it gave depth, and would show fish, bottom structure, but they were programmed pictures (the screen looked like one of those old pocket arcade games). A large fish might show like three or four on the screen. I know this cause when I tried it, i was tracking a koi in a east bay lake and saw the results on the screen. A large fish would look like a school, a school (pan fish) looks like miltiple fish one the screen. Which is Which! In murky water you wouldn't know. I paid $80 for that thing. Tried it trolling behind a rental boat at chabot, they're ok if you don't mind the cheap display. Look around, I'm sure there are better models out there. I think mine was a hawkeye.
~

jackelmyer
09-21-2010, 12:32 PM
I did look around and I basically got cluttered results on google. Thanks for the info!

If anyone does use a fishfinder from shore and would recommend one, would greatly appriciate a positive review of what you're using!

BASS-O-MATIC
09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
You might check Humminbird. Thay have smart cast that works by itself or can be used with a regular boat mounted unit. Good Luck in your search.

Semperfifishing
10-17-2010, 11:33 AM
One of the better units is the Fishing Buddy.

It is capable of being used from shore and is excellent off a dock or where you can start off with rather deep water on the shoreline (More than 3')
http://store.humminbird.com/category/271308/Fishin7_Buddy_Series

RomanFishin
04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
One of the better units is the Fishing Buddy.

It is capable of being used from shore and is excellent off a dock or where you can start off with rather deep water on the shoreline (More than 3')
Humminbird Fishin' Buddy :: Portable Fishfinder (http://store.humminbird.com/category/271308/Fishin7_Buddy_Series)

Try an RC bait shuttle that has depth, temp, and fishfinder on it:)