PDA

View Full Version : Navionics chips and tides

BASS-O-MATIC
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I was wondering if the Navionics chips will display the tides for the Delta on lake and rivers or is that only on the salt water chips. Thanks for any info.

Reel Fun
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
On my LCX 28 HD it shows the tides on both the Nautic Path & Navionics

RF

Polebrother
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I use a Navionics Marine Chart chip (Model #644, California S-Baja & Hawaii) in my Lowrance HDS-7 and it displays delta tides.

Navionics also offers a smart phone/iPad app, "Navionics Marine" for $9.99 and it too gives tides and charts for the delta, bay, ocean etc. I use it all the time when I'm away from my computer or FF. Marine: US West for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marine-us-west/id299688982?mt=8)

xeddog
09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I have recently purchased a Humminbird 788ci and then bought the Navionics chip for it. It does show tides for the delta, but only in a few places. You have to look for a "T" inside a diamond shape, move the cursor to that symbol, and then just press the info button. Using the "left" and "right" cursor keys, you can also move forward and back a day at a time. I have attached a couple of screen shots from my 'bird. I have not seen any tide info for the lakes that I have checked out, but then I didn't really expect any.

Wayne

BASS-O-MATIC
09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the help everybody. xeddog is that a Navionics Hotmaps chip or the Gold?

xeddog
09-28-2010, 07:41 AM
It's the HotMaps Premium

Wayne

BASS-O-MATIC
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks, I just didn't want to have to get two and from what I can find it seems only the Gold has tides but I already decided to go with the Premium. If Premium has tides then thats a plus.Thanks again

BASS-O-MATIC
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks everybody. Got my premium chip on Monday and it works great in my drive way. Can't wait to get out on the water and give it a try.

Fish_For_It
10-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Polebrother,

Can you walk me through how to get to the tides menu on the Navionics card???

Thanks.

BASS-O-MATIC
10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey Fish_For_IT

Move your pointer to a dimond with a T in it and and select it and it will give the tide for that station. Then you can scroll through the days.

spooled
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
On most systems you do not need the chips for tides. The chips give you bottom contours. You need to pull out your book and learn to use your electronics as the information is already there. For example, on all my Lowrances I just simply guide the gps curser over the correct bouys that show the tides and hit enter. NOt only do you get the tide/current predictions, but you get the live reading of the tide at that very moment at that very bouy as well. I've got the lms-240 and the lcx-20c, neither of which came with navionics chips. You just need to know how to read the symbols and "bouy types" on your screen that are already there. The bouy's on my screen are either red, green, yellow, tides, or currents. Hope that helps and saves you some $$. LOL

Fish_For_It
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
BASS-O-MATIC and Spooled:

Thanks for the tips.

Seon
10-22-2010, 07:06 AM
On most systems ... NOt only do you get the tide/current predictions, but you get the live reading of the tide at that very moment at that very bouy as well. .. Hope that helps and saves you some $$. LOL

Now this is very good information!!
I'll have to try that on my LCX112C next time out.

BTW who needs to read the book when I can get info like this on the Sniffer?? Thanks Spooled :wine1:

BASS-O-MATIC
10-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Humminbird is the same way.

xeddog
10-24-2010, 08:19 AM
. . .NOt only do you get the tide/current predictions, but you get the live reading of the tide at that very moment at that very bouy as well. . .

Where does your unit get "live" data??? Seems like that would take some sort of transmitter on the buoy and a receiver on your FF.

Wayne

BASS-O-MATIC
10-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I was wondering that too